Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Euro5 to Euro6

Vwcaliforniajapan

Vwcaliforniajapan

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Any experience on upgrading the T5 Euro5 to a Euro6 ?
What’s the cost and how long does it take ?

Why are you looking to go to Euro6?

If you are looking to travel in to cities etc where Euro6 is a requirement, then you are unlikely to get away with any conversion as the van will need to be certified as a Euro6 vehicle. You will not get this.

If you are just looking to drive a 'cleaner diesel' then this device may satisfy some of your requirements, but nothing more.

As has been said before, you really need to reinvest your money in a certified Euro6 vehicle.

Why are you looking to go to Euro6?

If you are looking to travel in to cities etc where Euro6 is a requirement, then you are unlikely to get away with any conversion as the van will need to be certified as a Euro6 vehicle. You will not get this.

If you are just looking to drive a 'cleaner diesel' then this device may satisfy some of your requirements, but nothing more.

As has been said before, you really need to reinvest your money in a certified Euro6 vehicle.
Ok cheers, I thought I could get an euro 6 if I installed something like this product......

Ok cheers, I thought I could get an euro 6 if I installed something like this product......
No all you'll have is a Euro5+device van.

So you'll get the penalty charges if you were to drive in to a Euro6 only zone.

Thanks, I better look at the V class new Diesel engine then. I guess MP will have it in 2020.

That's great, weirdly Ive been wondering when this kind of system would become available, it was only a matter of time.

I am sure if it becomes popular then the authorities would adjust the V5 or equivilent appropriately. I would certainly consider this kind of device simply for the benefits to the environment.

I thought in Germany there was a way to get a Euro 3 vehicle classified as a 4 by fitting a device.....the details are irrelevant other than if my memory is correct, it was an example of a Government accepting an add-on as a way to jump up a class of emissions.

I thought in Germany there was a way to get a Euro 3 vehicle classified as a 4 by fitting a device.....the details are irrelevant other than if my memory is correct, it was an example of a Government accepting an add-on as a way to jump up a class of emissions.
I know that you can get a Ducato from euro 3 to euro 4 just by
fitting a DPF.

I think with euro6 there is a lot more involved, adblue and possibly
stop/start to name a couple.

I know that you can get a Ducato from euro 3 to euro 4 just by
fitting a DPF.

I think with euro6 there is a lot more involved, adblue and possibly
stop/start to name a couple.
Yeah, clearly the task is different but it wouldn't be worth doing it (financially) if t couldn't be recognised by the authorities. The fact is happened as you described, might give the OP hope.

Interesting results on that gizmo. Apparently the German TUV has been involved.
However I can see vehicle manufacturers not liking it as it would prolong the life of Euro 5 vehicles and they will want to sell new Euro 6 vehicles. I wonder why no Manufacturers have taken up the Bosch System.

I´ve just read about it in a german car mag.

It will be possible sometime soon,

There won't be any bonus from the government.
Vw and Daimler have agreed to participate with
some of the costs, up to 3000€ .

Only when, you have a euro 5 and change it to euro 6
AND you live in one of the 14 intensive cities that have
restrictions.

I think this is a different system.
http://www.amminex.com

Looks like this in the boot. View attachment 42221
The Bosch System is the same system as used on the T6 but fitted differently. Still uses Adblue and is not suitable as a retrofit.
https://www.enginetechnologyinternational.com/features/bosch-rde-tech.html

I don’t see why a suitable retrofit system could not be supported by governments if they are really committed to lowering emissions rather than in the pockets of the vehicle manufacturers.