Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Europe breakdown cover (+ insurance) via Camping and Caravan Club

Max-Felix

Max-Felix

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Going through the mind numbing insurance saga at present - Safeguard (£299) and C&CC (£312) are the best I've narrowed it down to.

Not a member of C&CC club so will need to factor in the joining fee but they are favourite all round as the policy seems superior in terms of contents cover and in other ways.

Also need European breakdown - have used ETA before for single trip and annual cover is around £150.

C&CC are quoting £79 so a good price.

Has anyone used C&CC insurance or breakdown or had to actually put it into action?

Blimey - you just made me realise it is actually in warranty until the 7th September which I totally forgot about. :thumb

We are buying it privately this week and plan to visit Europe returning before this date.

I presume this warranty and cover will pass to me in a private sale?

What exactly does the VW EU package cover in terms of breakdown and recovery, hire car/accommodation cover etc?

Just called VW (AA/VW Customer Care department) and got an incredibly helpful lady who confirmed full UK/EU cover is in place including according to her that- in the event of it being not possible to fix the vehicle we will be given a loan California not just for 48 hrs or whatever but for the remaining duration of our trip??

She also added that the full UK/EU cover can be extended after the 3 years is up for £99 year or £150 odd for two years. Sounds too cheap to be true but apparently so and that includes full Homestart etc, etc

Whilst VW Assist cover breakdown, what do folks do for accident recovery whilst abroad? I'm insured with Comfort and I know they don't do courtesy car following an accident. Also I guess WV Assist won't assist if there is a theft and the vehicle is damaged? I'm assuming VW Assist is just for a mechanical.

Whilst VW Assist cover breakdown, what do folks do for accident recovery whilst abroad? I'm insured with Comfort and I know they don't do courtesy car following an accident. Also I guess WV Assist won't assist if there is a theft and the vehicle is damaged? I'm assuming VW Assist is just for a mechanical.
Red Pennant by Caravan Club. Not sure if you have to be a member.
I think AA or RAC offer cover.

Thanks, I was looking at the Red Pennant cover but there is quite a bit of doubling up on cover with the VW Assist. I was hoping I'd missed a trick.

Thanks, I was looking at the Red Pennant cover but there is quite a bit of doubling up on cover with the VW Assist. I was hoping I'd missed a trick.
True, but if something happens your vehicle is brought back to UK, VW assist will take you to a local garage and if it cannot be fixed immediately you'll have to make arrangements to collect it, and at this time of year there can be long delays because it is holiday season for the locals as well as you.