Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Europe new Fuel pump labels

[...puts on tin hat]

And it's things like this that made many vote to leave...

"Do I want "diesel" or "unleaded."..?"

[...puts on French tin hat]

"Gasoil ou sans plomb?"

"Hmmm, no fill it up with "XTL"?!? please and if not I'll take half a tank of "B7"?!?"

:headbang:D;)

Good afternoon,

I love it here in Ireland - you have Diesel, petrol and super petrol. If I see the options one has in Germany I could cry.

Now this seems it will change in the future for all countries. What will be the right diesel for the van?

upload_2018-10-2_13-23-12.png
Sorry I have to leave... I have to see my dealer... o_O

Regards,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

I love it here in Ireland - you have Diesel, petrol and super petrol. If I see the options one has in Germany I could cry.

Now this seems it will change in the future for all countries. What will be the right diesel for the van?

View attachment 38650
Sorry I have to leave... I have to see my dealer... o_O

Regards,
Eberhard

Go on give us a clue, which fuel is correct. Aaaaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhh

Yes, any kind of change gets quite hard to cope with once you get north of fifty...

(Tin hat already on, Captain).

The owners manual says the fuel should comply with EN590 (or DIN EN590)..........

So that means we should use the B7 diesel as per the article in link ?

https://www.ipu.co.uk/en590/
Yes I think you are right. B7 is the one for me (Cheaper than B10 too!)
I wonder what the AA and RAC say.....? I had a quick look on the RAC website and can't find anything about labelling at the pumps.

Good afternoon,

Well, instead of planning new labels the price for petrol and diesel should come down. :Depressed

I couldn't believe it on the way to work this monring - the price of diesel went up considerably. :eek:

Regards,
Eberhard

Good afternoon,

Well, instead of planning new labels the price for petrol and diesel should come down. :Depressed

I couldn't believe it on the way to work this monring - the price of diesel went up considerably. :eek:

Regards,
Eberhard

Don't know about Ireland but UK diesel prices are within same range that they've been since about 2010, even though at a four year high. Peaked at £1.48 in 2012 and low £1.00 in 2016. Now about £1.35.

(That's not inflation adjusted.)

I heard on news that a price war is just kicking off in UK tat will nudge prices down a bit soon.

Interesting to track, but as it's a non-controllable in my life it doesn't bother me.

Back