Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

European Breakdown Cover T4 18 years old

Vern&Ali

Vern&Ali

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi could you tell me who you tend to use for breakdown cover. T4,s getting old now..

Hi could you tell me who you tend to use for breakdown cover. T4,s getting old now..

We’re insured with Safeguard who include full European breakdown cover for vehicles up to 20 years old. And unlimited mileage too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We use an extension to our existing AA Cover (25yr old T4). Very comprehensive cover for 3 weeks around Europe (roadside assist and / or onward recovery to garage or back home, hotels etc) usually comes in at about £170. Mileage unlimited, 4 passengers. Dunno if this is good but it seems reasonable to me.

What? Are you saying a T4 broke down?
They’re indestructible! :bananadance2

Phew!! Had me wondering for a moment.

My advice is to check the fine print on any euro recovery service. Usually fine if its nothing serious but I know of a chap with T25 that broke down in Europe and was towed to a garage and told 5000euro engine replacement was the only option. Delivery to the garage was all they would do they wouldn't recover it home. They had to pay over 1200 to get it shipped back themselves in the end :(.

A lot of cover does not include shipping it home unless the vehicle has a specific value and most of the recovery services do not see them as a valuable camper but just a van. As long as you aware of that then there are no surprises.

ADAC - (German AA equivalent) were very good 1yr full euro cover (including UK) was 91Euro in 2014. English spoken if you ask.

Back