Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Evening all

Paschy

Paschy

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Evening all,

Just picked up our t6 cali beach 2017 today after 2 years of planning, set backs, delays and mental breakdowns!

So excited after fulfilling mine and my partners lifelog dream. Went for the 7 seater to support childminding business also. And our 3 year old is over the moon!!

Have found this place a fountain of kmowledge and sure this will continue,

Was wondering, where is the search option please as hoping for some opinions and advice on a towbar bike carrier? Do they need to be deffo hooked up to a lighting board on the T6 Cali? As the lights are quite high on the vehicle was hoping i wouldnt
Would be grateful for any help or recommendations of what 3/4 bike carrier to get from fellow mountain bikers/cyclists also

Thanks bring on the adventures memory building

Evening all,

Just picked up our t6 cali beach 2017 today after 2 years of planning, set backs, delays and mental breakdowns!

So excited after fulfilling mine and my partners lifelog dream. Went for the 7 seater to support childminding business also. And our 3 year old is over the moon!!

Have found this place a fountain of kmowledge and sure this will continue,

Was wondering, where is the search option please as hoping for some opinions and advice on a towbar bike carrier? Do they need to be deffo hooked up to a lighting board on the T6 Cali? As the lights are quite high on the vehicle was hoping i wouldnt
Would be grateful for any help or recommendations of what 3/4 bike carrier to get from fellow mountain bikers/cyclists also

Welcome @Paschy . You won't regret your purchase.

As @Jabberwocky says - there's a thread today talking about search methods.

I use a tow bar mounted bike rack. It depends upon which one you use as to whether you require a lighting board. But in my experience it would always be safer. If you have a towbar then presumably you have an electrics socket.

I have an old Thule rack at the moment. It's a bit of a monster but I already had it so it was 'free'.

I covet an Altera Strada tilting rack. Just need to justify the cost ! https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/atera-strada-dl-3-1.6044/

There is a whole thread on bike racks - happy reading :).https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/forums/bike-racks.191/

Last edited:
Hi and welcome.

Below is a picture of Atera Strada dl3. I went for the removable tow bar option and fitted the rack on a few days ago to test it out. At most I will need three bikes and most of the time just the two so perfect for what I need.
They come with the lighting board. Just ask your dealer and I'm sure he will give you another plate to stick on it if you go that route.

84c9dde93077c354c6044b3699d9c2cd.png

c86b0e25364868a7c60c80610cbe4362.png

Mike

Hi and welcome.

Below is a picture of Atera Strada dl3. I went for the removable tow bar option and fitted the rack on a few days ago to test it out. At most I will need three bikes and most of the time just the two so perfect for what I need.
They come with the lighting board. Just ask your dealer and I'm sure he will give you another plate to stick on it if you go that route.

84c9dde93077c354c6044b3699d9c2cd.png

c86b0e25364868a7c60c80610cbe4362.png

Mike
Good point Mike. I got an additional p,ate from the dealer at no additioharge. 'T remember where I put it :(

Thanks all..does anyone know if is it a legal requirement to have the the lighting board connected? Dont think we went for the electrical socket as lights will still be in view on the T6:headbang would put anther plate on the carrier

Thanks all..does anyone know if is it a legal requirement to have the the lighting board connected? Dont think we went for the electrical socket as lights will still be in view on the T6:headbang would put anther plate on the carrier
I would be surprised if you could order the tow bar without the socket. Then again I'm often surprised.

Mike

Good point Mike. I got an additional p,ate from the dealer at no additioharge. 'T remember where I put it :(
The beauty of living in a flat is I have less places to look. It will be somewhere safe.

Mike

My bad im being an absolute tool. Your spot on.
Its been so long since we actually decided on the order and what had changed since (a few mandatory changes made by vw) ive lost the plot a bit. Didnt see the electric socket earlier, cant see it any photos and no mention of it on our paperwork (i swear it was originally) just had to walk out and check in the dark in my pyjamas to keep my sanity!!. There is one fitted!
lol

Will be going for the Altea i think!!!

Cheers guys :talktothehand
(I need sleep its been an emotional day haha)

I would be surprised if you could order the tow bar without the socket. Then again I'm often surprised.

Mike

Welcome on board , lots of usefull info on the forum ....only tricky to find it sometimes as there are so many posts on the same thing by diffrent members who like to put up new treads thinking to get a quick answer .

Time to plan your first trip!

Last edited:
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Plugging the Towbar Bicycle Rack Lighting board into the Vehicle electrics does a little more than just put the lights on for the Rack.
1. Switches OFF the Reversing Sensors at the rear - otherwise the sound continuously when in reverse.
2. Also, when plugged in there are changes made to the Braking % Front to Rear controlled by the Vehicle computer system to compensate for the extra weight at the rear.

Also, I think it is a Legal Requirement for a Towbar Rack.

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome

Plugging the Towbar Bicycle Rack Lighting board into the Vehicle electrics does a little more than just put the lights on for the Rack.
1. Switches OFF the Reversing Sensors at the rear - otherwise the sound continuously when in reverse.
2. Also, when plugged in there are changes made to the Braking % Front to Rear controlled by the Vehicle computer system to compensate for the extra weight at the rear.

Also, I think it is a Legal Requirement for a Towbar Rack.

Where are the days you have to use your brains when driving a car.... ?
Pretty soon every car comes with a "app"....:Nailbiting

Thanks Jabberwocky.. will do some searching about.
You're most welcome. Oops, just noticed spelt your name wrongly in my earlier post. Sorry :embarrased

My bad im being an absolute tool. Your spot on.
Its been so long since we actually decided on the order and what had changed since (a few mandatory changes made by vw) ive lost the plot a bit. Didnt see the electric socket earlier, cant see it any photos and no mention of it on our paperwork (i swear it was originally) just had to walk out and check in the dark in my pyjamas to keep my sanity!!. There is one fitted!
lol

Will be going for the Altea i think!!!

Cheers guys :talktothehand
(I need sleep its been an emotional day haha)
Good thing is you have one.
Couple of days ago I spoke with a couple who have a T5. They bought it second hand from a couple who had owned it for 2 years. The couple selling were quite surprised that when checking they opened the zip in the rear tailgate to reveal the chairs. Never knew about them evidently.

Mike

Evening all,

Hi and welcome Paschy

I also went for the Atera DL3 and I am super happy with it.

Are you already planning some trips?

sapto

Ha no probs at all. Usually get lots of weird and wonderful ways of spelling!

Welcome on board , lots of usefull info on the forum ....only tricky to find it sometimes as there are so many posts on the same thing by diffrent members who like to put up new treads thinking to get a quick answer .

Time to plan your first trip!
You're most welcome. Oops, just noticed spelt your name wrongly in my earlier post. Sorry :embarrased

Back