Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Every Cali should have this !!!

N

Noble34

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
We've used our wind out on numerous occasions but what a difference this makes ! Folds neatly in to it's own bag and put up in 5mins. Bought from the caliclub shop and whilst initially felt £399 was more than I would've wanted to pay for something like this given I also have a vango driveway air awning, this is worth every penny and already been used more than the driveway ! So easy with the zips and velcro. Good quality fabric and takes up no storage space. A must buy for every cali owner with the factory fitted wind out canopy !IMG-20190608-WA0003.jpg

Would not be without ours, it goes everywhere we go

We've used our wind out on numerous occasions but what a difference this makes ! Folds neatly in to it's own bag and put up in 5mins. Bought from the caliclub shop and whilst initially felt £399 was more than I would've wanted to pay for something like this given I also have a vango driveway air awning, this is worth every penny and already been used more than the driveway ! So easy with the zips and velcro. Good quality fabric and takes up no storage space. A must buy for every cali owner with the factory fitted wind out canopy !View attachment 45977
Only useful for storage if you’re not driving away. How does it fare in the wind?

Havent suffered particularly high winds but pegs down firmly and didnt move on the times we have used it. You can also get thule straps for the canopy itself for additional support if this was a concern. Appreciate doesnt allow you to drive away but easily taken down and put up in just a few minutes. 1 person job. Gives enough space for the table and chairs to sit out on an evening when weather not so good.

We have one from club shop which we haven't used yet but are taking to France where we will be 2 nights at least in same place but feel that we can use as storage and wind break and also that we can manage with bikes to get around.

Can't wait to use it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Great !! We were in France last week with it and it really made all the difference for us. We also prefer to cycle or use local public transport while we're away. Hope you have a great time and that you benefit from it as we have

No need to be sarcastic but theres always 1 and each to their own ! Works for me and just sharing what I feel is a great accessory with what i thought like minded cali owners would appreciate and endorsing the product sold by the cali club shop
Nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm, for me it makes reading some threads fun.

Every Cali should have one? apart from mine please...
I don't want to darken my doorstep with a cave unless its winter and i ain´t moving
off site for a week.
Loads of stuff work for some but not for others but its good to see all of what's
available.
One thing to bear in mind is not to forget to drop a leg on the awning if its monsoon
season.

We've used our wind out on numerous occasions but what a difference this makes ! Folds neatly in to it's own bag and put up in 5mins. Bought from the caliclub shop and whilst initially felt £399 was more than I would've wanted to pay for something like this given I also have a vango driveway air awning, this is worth every penny and already been used more than the driveway ! So easy with the zips and velcro. Good quality fabric and takes up no storage space. A must buy for every cali owner with the factory fitted wind out canopy !View attachment 45977
We sold ours and upgraded to a G3 residence (not my photo).

574612_sized_640x420.jpg

Advantages
About 30% bigger
With a wheel cover and van skirt it can be heated by the parking heater
Lighter and brighter inside
Very robust

Disadvantages
Impossible to open the driver's door
Much more bulk
Longer to put together
About 3 times the price

Last edited:

574612_sized_640x420.jpg
Super posh, my other half wanted this but I was too tight so we started off with the comforts one!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I've got one but yet to use it. I hear people store it in the tailgate but it looks to big for that, am I missing something?

I’d like one but will be taking my trusty “windbreakers” on our first trip.
Why am I so tight when I’ve ordered such an expensive van?

Nothing wrong with a bit of sarcasm, for me it makes reading some threads fun.

Every Cali should have one? apart from mine please...
I don't want to darken my doorstep with a cave unless its winter and i ain´t moving
off site for a week.
Loads of stuff work for some but not for others but its good to see all of what's
available.
One thing to bear in mind is not to forget to drop a leg on the awning if its monsoon
season.
Monsoon season every day of the year over here matey :D

I like them. I just sold my vango kela 3 on the forum to a Patient chap who understands how crap yodel can be. The kela 3 isn't for me. I saw nicks yellow Comfort one at a couple of meets and I love it. Looks really good quality kit. As for driving away... I prefer to leave the van where it is when I'm camped. People make out drive away is so simple but it's a huge pain in the ass in my experience. Packing away the hob kettle roof bedding turning off gas un hooking re levelling etc. I like to walk or take the bus and the bonus is when I pass a pub I don't pass the pub. So any discounts club shop?

574612_sized_640x420.jpg

Advantages
About 30% bigger
Very robust

Disadvantages
Much more bulk
Longer to put together
About 3 times the price

How much longer to put together?

Always fancied one, but the price holds me back...

I like them. I just sold my vango kela 3 on the forum to a Patient chap who understands how crap yodel can be. The kela 3 isn't for me. I saw nicks yellow Comfort one at a couple of meets and I love it. Looks really good quality kit. As for driving away... I prefer to leave the van where it is when I'm camped. People make out drive away is so simple but it's a huge pain in the ass in my experience. Packing away the hob kettle roof bedding turning off gas un hooking re levelling etc. I like to walk or take the bus and the bonus is when I pass a pub I don't pass the pub. So any discounts club shop?
Here here

574612_sized_640x420.jpg

Advantages
About 30% bigger
Very robust

Disadvantages
Much more bulk
Longer to put together
About 3 times the price

You can easily get the extra space from the Comfortz set up by getting a couple of clothes line props from Wilkos, putting them at the ends of the awning and sticking an extra piece of velcro to the ends of the front piece. As we rarely stay more than a couple of nights in one place this is ideal for us. Awning out, one end or two or the whole lot depending on the weather. Quite often just used one end in Norway to keep the wind off.

Edit. Just found a photo
P1040715.JPG

Last edited:
You can easily get the extra space from the Comfortz set up by getting a couple of clothes line props from Wilkos, putting them at the ends of the awning and sticking an extra piece of velcro to the ends of the front piece.
I’ve wondered if it would be easy to create a wrap around awning, using the wind out canopy and open tailgate, with a tarp between, as roofs, and four side panels: a short one along the left of the tailgate, a medium length one along the back of the tailgate and extending as far out to be level with the canopy, a long one as far out as the open tailgate and along the front of the canopy, then another short panel extending out from the driver’s door.

Good evening,

I haven't use the awning an awful lot yet. The weather was simply not warm and sunny enough.

But that is my question (if it is ok to raise it here), do you use the awning as protection against rain or only as a sun shade? In other words is the awning designed to protect against rain?

Of course it is clear that if it is used as a rain shelter that it has to be fixed properly.

Regards,
Eberhard

I’ve wondered if it would be easy to create a wrap around awning, using the wind out canopy and open tailgate, with a tarp between, as roofs, and four side panels: a short one along the left of the tailgate, a medium length one along the back of the tailgate and extending as far out to be level with the canopy, a long one as far out as the open tailgate and along the front of the canopy, then another short panel extending out from the driver’s door.

A friend of our has a fold out awning which then has what is basically a cube suspended from it. There is also a zip in PVC floor section so you end up with a totally enclosed awning. Whole lot including the fold out awning mounted on the van was over £400. Quite a good idea, excellent value I thought.

Back