Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Exhaust Diagram 2014 Cali 2.0 biturbo

sbmcd

sbmcd

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi,

I had the middle section of my exhaust replaced by VW this year and noticed there was a leak where it meets the centre silencer box, when I was changing to my winter tyres. Does anyone have a diagram showing what sort of coupling should have been used, the one fitted certainly does not look right. A photo of the correct arrangement would be great if anyone has one.

VW offer warranty on both workmanship and parts go back and show the dealership.

Really. Doesn't seem to work on the roof corrosion. Ours now in for the fourth time. Perhaps they just keep sending them back hoping you'll get fed up with it.

That looks a complete bodge job.
Looks to me like they have cut the silencer stub pipe to remove the old mid pipe then tried to put a clamp over what is the socket end of the new mid section and the remaining stub on the silencer to form a connection, pipe ends are clearly different diameters as you say a total bodge.

The van is booked in to VW Van Centre Clarks Commercials on Tuesday, I used to think Clasks Commecials offered a good service but I have learned there has been a lot of staff changes, that good opinion has changed.

Will update after my visit.

My 2010 SE looks like the attached photo I haven't owned it from new so cant confirm if this is VW supplied and fitted but looks remarkably similar to yours may be a bit of a tidier job?

Kelvin

IMG_4386.jpg

My 2010 SE looks like the attached photo I haven't owned it from new so cant confirm if this is VW supplied and fitted but looks remarkably similar to yours may be a bit of a tidier job?

Kelvin

View attachment 53366
Thank you for the photo, very useful, you can see both pipe ends on your are the same diameter which means the sleeve fits correctly. I will use this when I take the van in on Tuesday.

In at VW Clarks Commercials Edinburgh this morning, the confirmed the wrong mid pipe had been fitted and attempt was made at making it fit, they apologised. Correct mid pipe now order and work will be re done on Friday.

Clarks Commercials are not doing too well at the moment.
Alan

In at VW Clarks Commercials Edinburgh this morning, the confirmed the wrong mid pipe had been fitted and attempt was made at making it fit, they apologised. Correct mid pipe now order and work will be re done on Friday.
At least they have owned up and will rectify it so we should take it from there. I think there are 3 separate Clark Commercials outlets in Scotland, Edinburgh Dundee and Aberdeen. My experiences with the Edinburgh service team have been "mixed".

Tom

At least they have owned up and will rectify it so we should take it from there. I think there are 3 separate Clark Commercials outlets in Scotland, Edinburgh Dundee and Aberdeen. My experiences with the Edinburgh service team have been "mixed".

Tom

They were very good in the past but they have lost some key staff personnel recently, especially workshop controller Alan Winter and it shows, I have lost confidence in them for sure.

They were very good in the past but they have lost some key staff personnel recently, especially workshop controller Alan Winter and it shows, I have lost confidence in them for sure.
Smcd, the trouble is we have no sensible option for warranty work - or do we? Hope you get your exhaust sorted promptly.

Tom

Job done on Friday with collect and return service, exhaust looking much better and not leaking.

20191220_172204.jpg

20191220_172150.jpg

Job done on Friday with collect and return service, exhaust looking much better and not leaking.

View attachment 53563

View attachment 53564
What amazes me is that the “ Idiot “ that did the original fitting thought that was acceptable. Some people seem to have a complete lack of common sense. It is so much easier to do a job correctly first time. I hope the person, Loth to call him a mechanic, is taken to task and has to pay for repeating the job.
Glad everything is sorted.

What amazes me is that the “ Idiot “ that did the original fitting thought that was acceptable. Some people seem to have a complete lack of common sense. It is so much easier to do a job correctly first time. I hope the person, Loth to call him a mechanic, is taken to task and has to pay for repeating the job.
Glad everything is sorted.
I did ask why the work was not inspected before it leaves the workshop and was told this is done but not on every vehicle, they did seem genuinely sorry this had happened, accepted full responsibility, and put it right with good grace.

I did ask why the work was not inspected before it leaves the workshop and was told this is done but not on every vehicle, they did seem genuinely sorry this had happened, accepted full responsibility, and put it right with good grace.
My point would be that the work shouldn’t need inspecting. It should be correctly carried out as it wasn’t exactly a difficult or demanding job.
Some people just don’t take pride in doing a good job. Thank goodness they are in a minority.

My point would be that the work shouldn’t need inspecting. It should be correctly carried out as it wasn’t exactly a difficult or demanding job.
Some people just don’t take pride in doing a good job. Thank goodness they are in a minority.
I do not disagree.