Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extended Warranty question

N

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi All

Does anyone know if there are currently any extended warranty options available with a new Cali purchase.

I have finally had the news from my dealership that my new van is ready to collect !! :) but they weren't sure if there were any current options available.

As far as I am aware VW still offer the "Factory Extended Warranty", which you have to take out within 90 days of delivery of your van. There are different extension periods and mileage choices. We got our van end of April and went for the additional 2 years with an 80k limit over the 5 years warranty period, cost around £400 which is really good value.

Follow this link for more info: https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/en/service/warranties/extended-warranty.html

Hi All

Does anyone know if there are currently any extended warranty options available with a new Cali purchase.

I have finally had the news from my dealership that my new van is ready to collect !! :) but they weren't sure if there were any current options available.
Still incredible that the dealer is not completely up to speed with this decent option. During my last service got a call from the workshop notifying me that the central stop light was leaking, and quoted the cost to repair, I pointed out that the vehicle was under warranty, no sir it is a 2016 plate so well out, nope it has the extended warranty, he checked and it was repaired for free.
It was only because of the information freely exchanged on this forum that most of us even knew this option existed.

The extended warranty apparently went up at start of May I took it out earlier this month at 399+VAT think it used to be 329+VAT. So costs £480 now still seemed good value to me.

Hi All

Best to push your dealership on available warranty options @Newbie.
Ours came with a 4-year/120,000 mile warranty which was an offer at time of placing the order but we then extended it to 5-year/150,000.
On reflection we very much doubt we’ll do 150,000 miles so perhaps should have gone for the 5-year/80,000 mile option which was at nominal cost.

Note! Warranty is from VW not the Dealer, who if like mine wasn't interested or at all helpful regarding this.
I'd suggest contacting VWCS direct to sort out ASAP.

This time we got the extended warranty for the GC 600, which covers the 4th and 5th year up to 300.000 km (which I should think will be enough).

It wasn't cheap (EUR ~ 1.350 or so), but I believe it is well spend money.

Happy warrantied California,
Eberhard

Bought mine from motor home dealer didn't know much about cali's, had 2 months of 3 years left, put it in sharpish for a couple of defects, found original owner had a 5 year Plan. Bonus

Make sure your dealer tegisters it with VW, mine ‘forgot’, I have had a hell of a time getting it sorted, response to be honest was insulting. Name & Shame Bedales Dartford.

Make sure your dealer tegisters it with VW, mine ‘forgot’, I have had a hell of a time getting it sorted, response to be honest was insulting. Name & Shame Bedales Dartford.
Took me a while to get anything in writing, but persistence with the dealership paid off.

We collected our new Cali on Monday from our VWCV dealer. It came with 3 years warranty and roadside assistance. I asked about extended warranty (not mentioned by the dealer) and he gave me this leaflet.

VWCV Extended Warranty.jpeg

Best to push your dealership on available warranty options @Newbie.
Ours came with a 4-year/120,000 mile warranty which was an offer at time of placing the order but we then extended it to 5-year/150,000.
On reflection we very much doubt we’ll do 150,000 miles so perhaps should have gone for the 5-year/80,000 mile option which was at nominal cost.
I placed our order in June, which included 4 year warranty, roadside assistance and 2 services. It sounds from what say that you can add just another year..? How much was that ..?

I placed our order in June, which included 4 year warranty, roadside assistance and 2 services. It sounds from what say that you can add just another year..? How much was that ..?
£350 + VAT

A lower mileage 5-year option was available as per the following note from my dealer.

The 4-5 year warranty upgrade would come in 2 mileage bands (up to 80000 miles or 150000 miles)
The 80K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only a further £30.00) Fine if you average 16000 miles pa
The 150K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only £350.00) Perfect if you average 30000 miles pa

A lower mileage 5-year option was available as per the following note from my dealer.

The 4-5 year warranty upgrade would come in 2 mileage bands (up to 80000 miles or 150000 miles)
The 80K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only a further £30.00) Fine if you average 16000 miles pa
The 150K Mileage (Over 5 years would cost you only £350.00) Perfect if you average 30000 miles pa
That sounds like a great deal (for 80k miles). We are averaging less than 10k miles/annum at the moment.

I cannot fault the Factory Extended Warranty - I paid £395 for it, and the no quibble work, plus hire car this time (though they kept that quiet on other occasions) means it has paid for itself several times over.
That said, I would have preferred it not to have required the repairs...
Yes, VW Factory Warranty will cover a hire car under the mobility scheme - push your dealer to arrange it.

I cannot fault the Factory Extended Warranty - I paid £395 for it, and the no quibble work, plus hire car this time (though they kept that quiet on other occasions) means it has paid for itself several times over.
That said, I would have preferred it not to have required the repairs...
Yes, VW Factory Warranty will cover a hire car under the mobility scheme - push your dealer to arrange it.
Does that mean a hire car is only covered under the Mobility Scheme, or to anyone with VW Factory Extended Warranty..?

Does that mean a hire car is only covered under the Mobility Scheme, or to anyone with VW Factory Extended Warranty..?
For reference, I was recently offered a loan vehicle by Citygate for when my van was booked in for a fault rectification under warranty.
Fault rectified itself so it didn’t go into the workshop but the offer was made.

Mobility, not motorbility.
Mobility scheme is the VW groupspeak to keep you mobile.
Apparently it's a well kept secret that you can have a hire car on a warranty repair, which includes the extended period of the factory warranty.
Mine ran out yesterday.
Five years!