Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

External air tempature minus 17 today! (Problem?)

Stewart1150

Stewart1150

Vehicle
Cali now sold
Driving home today, I get a frost warning and the external tempature is showing minus 17 (ambient temp was about +11c). The display then went to -7.5c, -13c and then just dashes back to a minus display etc. I stopped off at local VW van centre and the vehicle is booked in for Thursday for investigation and fix - it's not even 4 months old!! Suspect failed external air temp sensor; ah well it can happen.

Then driving home I get the engine management light, of course after the dealer has closed!:(

Not sure if both faults are linked or not - anyone else had a similar issue please?
Thanks

Oh Dear,
Poor show again VW.....
I hope it's all sorted very quickly Andy.

Update; called VW roadside assist who the arrived in just 25 minutes, engine management light sorted - can't fault the service at all:)
Still booked in for Thursday for the external air temp error

Update; called VW roadside assist who the arrived in just 25 minutes, engine management light sorted - can't fault the service at all:)
Still booked in for Thursday for the external air temp error
In what way was it sorted?

In what way was it sorted?
In as much as plugged in diagnostics, checked all was ok and cleared the faults. There's a possibility it's was connected to the external temp sensor; dealer will do further diagnostics Thursday but ok to drive in the interim

Back