Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

External Windscreen Cover that fits in with seats in boot?

BugglePopples

BugglePopples

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi, after searching the forum and Google for what feels like hours.

I can’t seem to find a external windscreen screen covers that will fit in with the zipped chair storage in the boot?

I’m more bothered about space than thermal insulation as we have the parking heater and venting windows with wind deflectors.

Anybody out there got a version which will fit?

Thanks

I have similar insulation for the front window. Really does make difference heat/comfort at night: and no condensation in the morning.

The two side pieces each fit snugly into the chairs, quick and not a problem if wet.
The large oblong central panel goes into the storage bag and I fold it to fit behind the space/step created by upper mattress on parcel shelf. This levels out the parcel shelf creating a flat platform.

Really useful and beneficial extra.

I have a campervan covers non thermal blackout for the front of a t6/t5 that used to fit in the chair void. it is available as i now have a rainbow screens cover. pm me if your intrested.

Talking about windscreen covers, would welcome any advice on where to get one for the GC600… thank you

These seem a bit of a bargain compared to the competition. Doesn't actually mention 6.1. Just curious if the differences between t6 and 6.1 would stop this fitting. Is there a difference in the door mirrors that would make that a fitment problem.
Both same.

Liked the look of this S+S one but not with their branding plastered all over the front.

Ours is this one - folds well so you *could* put in the chairs, but we just leave in its bag.

No issues with the branding, folds nicely in with the seats,
I use some foil backed building paper cut to the size of the wind screen and tucked under the cover, works well as a layer of insulation, also folds neatly in with the seats.
I haven't had and condensation on the inside of the screen since I started using it with the paper.
S+S do some good products; you can always return it if it's not suitable.

Capture 2.PNG

As a follow up I used my Comfortz cover for the first time on Saturday. Really pleased with it.

It easily fits into the gap in the chair, within its own bag.

I did see the stitches and steel one but preferred no branding.

Last edited:
Back