Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra Dreadlocks

westfalia

westfalia

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I´ve been thinking about preventing my van being nicked.

The Bearlock is okay but the scumbags are already in your van before they
find out that you have one.

So i´ve stumbled on a site that will fit deadlocks to both front doors and one
on the the sliding door for 390 quid.
To me that seems an okay price, or not ?

Even though i wouldn´t lock them all of the time i think it would be a good deterrent.
Has anyone had any fitted ?
deadlock.jpg

I´ve been thinking about preventing my van being nicked.

The Bearlock is okay but the scumbags are already in your van before they
find out that you have one.

To me that seems an okay price, or not ?

Even though i wouldn´t lock them all of the time i think it would be a good deterrent.
Has anyone had any fitted ?
View attachment 27484
Why? It already has Deadlocks fitted.
Smash a window, get in AND you cannot open any door if you have set the Deadlocks which are automatically engaged when you lock the vehicle unless you disable them.

Unless of course your model does not have them?

Last edited:
If I thought that a deadlocked cali was so vulnerable that it needed further security then I would cease to sleep in it :shocked

Its the sliding windows that are most vulnerable, followed by the front windows if you don't have the optional laminated glass.

put a steering lock on. like we used to do In the 90s. highly visible. impossible to get off in any short space of time. you can't nick any vehicle with one of those on. I paid 70 quid for mine in Halfords. I know it doesn't prevent a huge crane taking my van but how many gypos and scrotes carry a crane?

Why? It already has Deadlocks fitted.
Smash a window, get in AND you cannot open any door if you have set the Deadlocks which are automatically engaged when you lock the vehicle unless you disable them.

Unless of course your model does not have them?
Yes mine does have them.
I was just thinking ´belt and braces ´.
Some Calis have been stolen haven´t they ?
How were they opened up ? We don´t know.

I thought for relatively little money it would give piece of mind when i go to dodgy areas,
like the UK :D

The uk is not that bad and you will never stop a determined thief where ever you are .At the end of the day that's one of the reasons for insurance

Yes mine does have them.

I thought for relatively little money it would give piece of mind when i go to dodgy areas,
We do. Either the Deadlock was switched Off and so the door can be forced or a hammer through a window.

You cannot stop someone who wants to steal stuff from inside unless you barricade ALL the windows.
You cannot stop the vehicle being stolen by a Professional. If they want it they will have it.

What you can do is stop the vehicle being taken by joyriders.

Make sure you have GOOD Insurance, not necessarily the most expensive but also not the cheapest but a company that has a good reputation .

Yes mine does have them.

Doesn't matter how many Deadlocks you fit. If the door is Deadlocked then it is Deadlocked.:confused:

Too much obvious security, can give the impression that there's stuff of value in the van and worth a look.

The title of this thread implied a Jamaican themed light hearted discussion...... How wrong was I? :Depressed

Or for the same money you can have a Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser fitted that will stop anyone driving your Cali away even if they have the keys. Breaking into your house and nicking the keys is now the most common way of vehicle theft. The only way to steal it would be a lift or tow and any type of lock won't stop that.

Also stops OBD hacking.

Last edited:
The title of this thread implied a Jamaican themed light hearted discussion...... How wrong was I? :Depressed
I once asked someone to fit some deadlocks in my hair