Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Extra fee for an 'awning'?

J

jonddd

Vehicle
T5 Beach
Are you likely to be questioned about a Thule wind-out awning (possibly with attached wind breaker) if you select a 'no awning' pitch on a site?
Has this ever happened to anyone?

It varies site by site. Safest bet is to ask or, if you choose not to, be willing to take it down or pay a supplement if it’s questioned.

Never been charged, but always tend to stay at more relaxed sites. If they try to charge, just wind it in, smile & say “what awning?”.

Doesn't help that VW call it an awning rather than canopy/sun shade. Been charged as having awning on sites we've visited.....

How can anyone charge for a 2x3 sunshade.
My Johnson’s bigger than that...

I would love to visit the UK once, but what I hear about those rules on campsites, I might reconsider it.
Paying extra for some sun shade, pointing all in the same direction, not considering sun, wind, rain...

Just give me France then. Pick a spot and do as you wish.

Doesn't help that VW call it an awning rather than canopy/sun shade. Been charged as having awning on sites we've visited.....
You need to tell them sites to f off

It's called a sun canopy in the manual.

On staying on a few caravan club sites and asked their policy, their response was they wouldn't charge for the wind out awning as long as it was put away overnight which suited us fine.