Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ezone.de Hawaii seat covers!

Maud

Maud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anybody had any dealings/placed an order with ezone.de? I have found these and they look great and a reasonable price too, when converted from Euros. It says they ship within Europe but I have never ordered anything from outside of the UK before, or paid in Euros online. Hoping someone on here can :help ! Perhaps someone even has these seat covers and can share some info regarding their quality? :D

http://translate.google.com/translate?u ... l=de&tl=en

:thanks
Maud

I hope this is okay; I'm just bumping this back up as I am still interested in these and wonder if anyone has any information they could share? :D

Maud

They look fab! Would help no end in "softening up" the rather Teutonic look Cali [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES] I'm sure my wife would love 'em! No back seat cover though?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a back seat cover to match, Ian -http://translate.google.com/translate?u=http://ezone-shop.ath.cx/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1619&hl=de&ie=UTF8&sl=de&tl=en

They also do matching waterproof covers for the roof bed and rear mattress section in the 'boot' I think.

I have emailed them (with apologies for writing in English!) to ask about ordering and shipment to the UK. I will let you know if I hear anything back from them.

Maud :thumb

Hello Maud. I would be interested on how you got on.

Hi Maud - yup we're interested too! We'd really appreciate your letting us know how you get on (couldn't find a reference to the back seat cover from the link you provided, but maybe that's because I'm using an iPad - I'll try a real computer [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES])

I haven't heard anything back from the company today but as and when I do, I will be sure to post on here to let you all know! They do look fun and colourful, and there are other colours and options I have found too, as well as the Hawaii design. Sorry the link didn't work before Ian; try this one; hopefully it will take you to the list of all California seat covers for the different models:
http://ezone-shop.ath.cx/catalog/index. ... 81_301_310
If you hover over 'Translation' on the right, then click English below, it should translate it for you.
Maud

Thanks Maud - v helpful!

Hi all,
I had a reply from ezone; quick response and sounds like it would be fairly easy to order. I looked up the currency exchange fee for Paypal and it looks like they charge a 2% fee (https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/c ... rsion-fees). The website says to expect a three week wait which I guess may be a little longer if they have to make adjustments for the headrest size on a 2014/15 Cali. I decided that I really need seat covers right away as I am collecting my Cali a lot sooner than expected this Saturday, so I am going to go with Inka covers to stop me going insane trying to keep it clean! However, I hope to order some pretty seats in the not too distant future too :D

If anyone else goes ahead and orders from ezone in the meantime, please do keep us updated and post photos!

:thanks
Maud

thank you very much for your interest in our seat covers.
Yes, you can just order the seat covers from our site.
You can use PayPal to pay your seat cover, then it should be no problem at all.
Also with the bank transfer it should be possible without any fees.
But it probably depends on your bank.
And normally in the bank transfer it should also be possible to select the transfer currency.
If you are in doubt, just check this with your bank.
When we receive your order, then we will send you back an email
with some questions (also concerning the size of the headrest)
After that we go into production, and then we ship your seat covers to the UK. :)

If you have further questions, do not hesitate to ask.

--
Schöne Grüße aus Schechen

Günther Stangassinger
Ihr ezone - Team

Thanks again Maud

Your bank will charge you about £10 for a bacs payment to europe

After reading this thread I have ordered some fabric samples from ezone. I'll post up some thoughts when they arrive and a full review if I decide to order. It will be interesting to see how the new second skin covers coming up on the forum look, as I think I'll be deciding between these 2 options.

Thanks to all who have contributed to this thread, we have just ordered a full set of Black Hawaiian seat covers (7 Seater) in anticipation of the delivery of our new California Beach next month.
Gunther from e-zone has been extremely helpful in answering our questions.
We have also ordered a matching roof mattress cover and comfort mattress cover for upstairs and downstairs!
We paid by paypal without issue and the 3% currency conversion fee was far less than a bank or credit/debit card option. The Pound is pretty strong against the Euro too at the moment!
The only difficulty that we had was that when looking at the e-zone shop pages with google translate, it would not allow us to actually shop (cookie issue) but by the time we came to order, we were so familiar with the products, that ordering in German was not an issue. (Copying and pasting the odd phrase into a separate google tanslate tab sorted any other issues.)
All part of the European adventures to come eh???
An airlock tailgate ventilation thingy and extra metre of black Hawaiian fabric (to make matching roof-rack pads for SURFY) completed our order.

Will post pictures when we have collected SURFY and fitted the covers :)

Hi Surfy

Your post reminded me about this thread. We ordered the Hawaiian seat covers in blue. Like you we found them really easy to deal with. All my questions answered and delivery was pretty quick. We're very happy with them.

I like your idea to get mattress covers in the same fabric, I might have a look into to that.

I'll try and get some pictures up soon.

My main concern with aftermarket seat covers like these and jackyards
Is what have they done about the airbag in the front seats. Most manufacturer's don't reccomend fitting covers for safety reasons

When we ordered they checked if we had airbags in tje front seats. The covers have tags where the air bags are to make sure you fit the covers on the correct seats.

I see so what's the difference between a normal seat cover and one designed for an airbag. I wonder if the insurance is void if the airbag can't be deployed

During my research into Cali accessories... (Feels like a Doctorate at the moment, with the Graduation party being the first trip away later this summer!!!) ...I found that some seat covers had no airbag capacity, and others had either airbag 'slits' (some better hidden than others) or special deployable thread, that is designed to allow the airbag to deploy un-hindered. I would not order covers without airbag capability and looks like Riofer is referring to the latter being fitted on ezone covers.

Glad I'm a member of the VW Cali-Tech University ! (VWCC!!!)

Just checked the ezone website:
  • Alle Funktionen der Sitze bleiben vollständig erhalten
  • Auch für Sitze mit Sitzairbag geeignet
Translates as:

• All functions of the seats remain intact
• Also suitable for seats with airbag

Can you give us the actual tech' Riofer?

I spoke to autokit about their seat covers and airbag compatibility
They told me they follow the OE manufacturing procedures. Including
Airbag compliance and have invested a huge amount in special Integrated airbag docu-seam stitching machines. Seat covers that
Have like Velcro down the airbag seam will not react quick enough in a crash.

Be very careful with any seat covers that are not approved as it is not just a case of putting a slit in the side of the cover!

I would also make sure they have been TUV tested and have had an airbag blow test, if they have not had this I would walk away

I have seat covers on mine that were on when I bought it how do I check they are safe?

I have jackyards, are they OK to use?

Back