Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Extended Warranty

I very much doubt if the Cali is included in this deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes it is. I shall be going for this and the service plan.

Great deal if you can get it on a Cali, but they will soon realise they can't cover a Cali with its roof, fridge, parking heater, and water system for the same price as an empty tin van.

That's what I was thinking, if that is correct it's a no brainer! The standard extended warranty on the Cali ( if you take it out at the end of 3 years) is over £1,500 per year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's definitely correct. There is also a 5yr 150,000 mile option for £649.

We took this when we ordered this week as we already do 15K+ for daily use and commuting on our car that it's replacing and if we're making full use of the Cali then we'll easily be over 20K per year. Add this to my feeling that the T6 is untested in the long term and the factory warranty makes great sense.

I'd probably have struggled with the idea of fronting up that kind of cash but we're taking the PCP and the impact on monthly payments was about £25, yes we'll pay interest on that too but it's a comfortable amount to work with as opposed to the lump sum.

I should add, our information from Guy in Preston is that you get one additional year (so up to 4yrs and 80k) for £329 and two additional years (up to 5yrs and 150k) for £649 on the California.

If anyone hears differently to that I'd be interested to know.

Thought it was 2 extra years (therefore increase to 5) and a max of 80k miles for £329. Not looking to do over 15k miles per year so this option makes sense for us.

Email from VW Lancashire.....

Hi Mike

No problem at all, the servicing offer is £99 + VAT for two services or £179 + VAT for 4 services which also includes the first MOT test. (but not any work required for the MOT if applicable – e.g replacement tyres).

There are no set service intervals on a California with services required, according to use, up to 25,000 miles or 24 months. The vehicle will let you know via a message on the dash when it is ready for a service.

The extended warranty offer is for either an extra 12 or 24 months over and above the standard 3 year/ 100,000 miles warranty:

Extra 12 months or up to 120,000 miles - £299 + VAT

Extra 24 months or up to 150,000 miles - £649 + VAT

Extra 24 months or up to 80,000 miles - £329 + VAT

All great offers in our opinion as these are factory warranties and not insurance based ones.

Thanks for the clarification. We'd told Guy we'd be doing at least 20k so it makes sense that he's explained it as 4yrs for £329 (Eg 80k) based on our circumstances whereas most people might get to 5yrs before 80k.

Seems like good deals all round, as Martin said I imagine they'll soon realise how much this might cost them so snap it up while you can I think.

Thanks for the clarification. We'd told Guy we'd be doing at least 20k so it makes sense that he's explained it as 4yrs for £329 (Eg 80k) based on our circumstances whereas most people might get to 5yrs before 80k.

Seems like good deals all round, as Martin said I imagine they'll soon realise how much this might cost them so snap it up while you can I think.
It might be the other way round. Easy money for them as few if any claims in years 4 & 5. Exceed the milage limits then warranty null and void. Don't do the milage and basically an underused Van, so no likelihood of claims. VW are out to re-coop their loses and charging for something that they know will not be used is a good way of making easy money.
But if it gives you peace of mind then its worth it.:thumb

Free choice for those buying now...they can choose what works for them. Good to know that for 5 years costs will be minimal. If anyone is in doubt they can always survey average spend after warranty expires amongst forum members.

Thanks for posting this Angus. Yet again this forum trumps the dealers knowledge. I was told that VW warranties can only be extended when the original warranty expires. That didn't seem right to me. Why would VW not want to bank the money for 3 years.

Has anyone confirmed that this warranty extension covers all the c
'Camping' aspects of a Cali - as listed by Welsh Gas? But TBH even if it doesn't then £329 looks like fair value to protect against an ECU or gearbox issue.

I contacted VW customer care on Friday and aslong as the warranty was taken out within two months of delivery then it would be an extra two years with the same cover level as the first three years of the std VW warranty. I asked for this to be confirmed by email (nothing received as yet but will chase on Monday and update post if I get a response).

Was told it was £329 + vat for two years extended warranty upto 80k miles (which should be fine for us)

Last edited:
Hi

Has this always been available from new within 2 months?? ie we have a 2014 Beach and don't remember being offered it.

Hi

Has this always been available from new within 2 months?? ie we have a 2014 Beach and don't remember being offered it.
We bought ours last year and it was never offered. I would be interested if others have been offered this in the past.

I got my Cali in April 2015 and back then asked whether that option exists and dealer said no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent my dealer an email just now regarding this as I'll snap his hand off if I'm eligible! Will let you guys know what his response is!

I've also put this question to Parkway Leicester. I'll post the outcome.

Just had this back from West Yorkshire van centre.
'Hi James, yes vw do a extended factory warranty, see below for pricing and terms. Reference your roof, if you could take a photo it might help us to see what is needed for ordering, we won't have it in stock to be honest.
Extended warranty prices= It has to be taken out before the vehicle is three months old.
12 Month warranty top up or 120,000 miles which ever comes first £299.00
24 Month warranty top up or 80,000 miles which ever comes first £329.00
24 month warranty top up or 150,000 miles which ever comes first £649.00'
Think I'll opt for the £329 option then it will end about the same time as my service plan. :)

This thread is a brilliant example of the value of the VWCC forums. In addition to the information on here put me in a great position to negotiate the original vehicle discount.

Had I not read this I would have been oblivious to option for extended factory warranty. Have now signed up for the 24 month, 80,000 miles for £329 plus VAT which is an unbelievable bargain. I will be a relatively low mileage user so will no doubt get the full 5 year benefit. Not much has to go wrong (on what is a pretty complex vehicle) to get your moneys worth.

Thanks to all for flagging this one!

Yep agreed. That's the one I would go for. £329.

Definitely an option that I will go for on my next Cali. £329 for peace of mind once it trips over the magic three years is pretty cheap.

Isn't it time VW upped their warranty period any way.
3 years is the minimum any of the manufacturers offer nowadays and some are more than double that.

Back