Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Factory Shower:- Would you order again?

thehorse

thehorse

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Been thinking I should have really ordered this, but read a few people complaining it wasn't very powerful.

Concerned if I add to my order it will push the date back (currently unconfirmed wk15). Also at £276 it isn't cheap. I know there is a £35 option in the shop but like the idea of a shower at the back that you can access when muddy without getting in the van first.

So, anyone have this option and think it is worthwhile?

I have one, and wouldn't order again......one of the plastic bag showers you put on the roof to warm up are much better....and cheaper, warmer, and don't use up your Tank of water

seemed a lot for what it was we have not got one but never seen or used on.

I have one, and wouldn't order again......one of the plastic bag showers you put on the roof to warm up are much better....and cheaper, warmer, and don't use up your Tank of water
Thanks Cyclopath, was thinking of using it more for cleaning off muddy wellies etc, rather than for showering. Is it really just a pathetic trickle or is it powerful enough to blast off mud/sand off boots, kids etc.

We have the £35 one from the Cali shop and it connects to the tap of course. But what's great is that you can open the sliding window next to the sink and use the shower hose this way to clean your boots and kids sandy feet etc.

I wouldn't bother with the factory fit shower. Waste of money. Just spend £35.

Not that we've ever met but I wouldn't climb over her to get to you! No offence you understand :bananadance2

Thanks Days out

Trying to remember from the Cali I hired... Would it be possible to open the sliding window to pass out the shower head by opening the passenger door and reaching around without getting in the van?

If so that would be great as you'd avoid getting mud/sand in the van which is the only reason I can see for shelling out the extra for the factory option.

Thanks Days out

Trying to remember from the Cali I hired... Would it be possible to open the sliding window to pass out the shower head by opening the passenger door and reaching around without getting in the van?

If so that would be great as you'd avoid getting mud/sand in the van which is the only reason I can see for shelling out the extra for the factory option.

Thats how the forum sold shower supposed to be used , written in the other topics
;)

Thats how the forum sold shower supposed to be used , written in the other topics
;)
Great - so you can reach around ok to open the window without getting in the van - just been looking at some pics and it looks like it would be a stretch.

You would to get on one knee in the Cali at least thru the sliding door , to reach to open the sliding window above the sink .
The shower/sink then can be reached thru the window.
That is IF you have it screwed on the tap at all times , witch i doubt many have....
The rear (standard) showerhose sits under the bottem shelf in the rear wardrobe (where the gasbotlle sits) and can be reached at all time standing next to the Cali with open boothdoor , it's a plug&play attatchment ( thats why it costs many €£$)

Cant see the point doh , when you got dirty shoes ...open the sliding door ,sit in the dooropening , take of your shoes , trow them under the cali or elsewhere( in the passengers footwell) and get in the Cali clean your shoes later or reuse them when go back hiking.

We travel with a dog and need to go outside sevral times during the day/evening , i simlpy take off my hiking boots the way i discribe above close the sliding door and put my shoes in the sliding door doorstep .

Last edited:
Ok, was wondering you could reach the window via the passenger door. Also does the glass sink cover which would need to be raised not get in the way if you are passing it out of the window and trying to turn the tap on/off?

All thru , it's a fidlle ....or pay the €$£
Must say i got non of them , but think the rearshower has easyer acces from outside.
But still both features are not a thing i would pay xtra money on....

Thanks for the pic Sidepod - think I actually need a cold shower now!

The early T4's had the sink tap as a removable part with a long hose designed to pass through the kitchen window and be used as a shower. The later taps are as T5.

I wonder if the T5 attachment will fit the late T4?

Thanks Days out

You can pass the shower hose out of the passenger door and teach the tap with the glass lid up. Then wash your boots. The trick is to set everything up before you walk so when you return you just pass the hose out and turn on the tap.

I've done this at the beach with the kids.

It's better out if the window and to do this you need to kneel on the floor when the sliding door is open to reach the sliding window.

Thanks Cyclopath, was thinking of using it more for cleaning off muddy wellies etc, rather than for showering. Is it really just a pathetic trickle or is it powerful enough to blast off mud/sand off boots, kids etc.
Not a trickle, not a blast....if that helps....is there a way of posting a video on here??

is there a way of posting a video on here??
I think you have to load it to youtube then link it here. It may be easier when Google buys the forum owners out!

Been thinking I should have really ordered this, but read a few people complaining it wasn't very powerful.

Concerned if I add to my order it will push the date back (currently unconfirmed wk15). Also at £276 it isn't cheap. I know there is a £35 option in the shop but like the idea of a shower at the back that you can access when muddy without getting in the van first.

So, anyone have this option and think it is worthwhile?
If you are after buying a California and people are telling you to save the money and stick a hose on the tap put it out the window go out and use it and do all in reverse .they are not well all to save on cost . It has same power as sink tap I think as it is same pump just by passed .it is not on ours as dealer made mistake .but we have it coming on our new one in a few weeks .never here of so much penny pinching as on this site .if you need it get it if you don't need or want it don't get it .dont bother with a hose on the tap to save money .

@Mervyn kennedy , my advise not to go for a standard shower option is not primary about saving penny's , just the fact it is a COLD water shower , only 30liter water in a Cali , there's not that much pressure on the pump we all now that and you need to shower outside the verhicle......
So in fact it is just a "hose"
In the end the choices are all up to the one ordering and paying whatever they can affort.
The forum only can share expirience....

I know its not going to be a piping hot power shower, but 30L is still 3-4 times more than the portable showers and it wouldn't take up any additional space. Plus on a hot day when the van has been in the sun all day It might not be that cold - certainly warmer than the sea if using after the beach. I was mainly interested in using it for cleaning off boots, sand etc. without having to get in the van first.

I started the thread to get opinions of people that had gone with it as some people had complained it was a bit weak. I thought there was a fair amount of pressure from the pump based on the tap output but I suspect the sealing connector on the back probably restricts the flow a bit.

Back