Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

failure on holiday

M

muttley

Guest User
I am up in the Lake District 250 miles from home, and I have two engine warning lights on. The swirly glowplug one, and the fault in catalytic converter light. I am not sure if this is indicative of an EGR fault.

I have to drive home today, so let's hope that we make it!

Simon

I am up in the Lake District 250 miles from home, and I have two engine warning lights on. The swirly glowplug one, and the fault in catalytic converter light. I am not sure if this is indicative of an EGR fault.

I have to drive home today, so let's hope that we make it!

Simon
I would call vw preston and ask them or call the recovery number and ask them too.

That's bad news. Mine was under warranty when this happened. I managed to get it off the main road, it would only do 30mph. VW Assist advised me not to drive the vehicle and sent out a recovery vehicle. It was the EGR valve in my case.

My van is a 2012. I did as you suggested Martin, and VW assist said it should be fine to drive unless the engine power dropped, in which case I would have to stop. It made it home, and in fact the lights went out after a while.

I will book it in for a checkup next week, and hope that any problems will be resolved before the warranty runs out in September. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

Simon

My catalytic amber warning light came on today 2012 California, handbook advises drive at reduced speed. Managed to get home ok but light still on! I'll get in touch with VW tomorrow and see what they advise my vans done 23K. I'm out of warranty.

Left the van a couple of hours, started the engine and all clear!!