Fairwell Rudy my cali travel buddy.

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I haven't been very active on these forums for a while now, and that is partly due to lockdown but also partly due to Rudy our spaniel being poorly which has prevented the trips he became accustomed to. He struggled to walk very far and was prone to getting confused. It was clear holidays had to be put on hold until he was gone.

He saw 9 countries in the Cali and joined us on every camping trips, he loved the van even up to his last trip in it this morning. I can't imagine trips without him, he is going to be missed forever. I don't know why I am sharing, I am just so very sad he is gone but so grateful I had those years with him. I am sure quite a few cali owners met him too. The cali was truly his happy place and so many great memories.

13942492-AFA1-4C27-9968-31A8871A6BE7.JPG

Last edited:
I haven't been very active on these forums for a while now, and that is partly due to lockdown but also partly due to Rudy our spaniel being poorly which has prevented the trips he became accustomed to. He struggled to walk very far and was prone to getting confused. It was clear holidays had to be put on hold until he was gone.

He saw 9 countries in the Cali and joined us on every camping trips, he loved the van even up to his last trip in it this morning. I can't imagine trips without him, he is going to be missed forever. I don't know why I am sharing, I am just so very sad he is gone but so grateful I had those years with him. I am sure quite a few cali owners met him too. The cali was truly his happy place and so many great memories.

View attachment 88054

so sorry i know exactly how you feel so sad

View attachment 88054

Sorry for your loss. They really are Man's best friend. It sounds like you gave him a perfect life

Sorry for your loss, I'm sure Rudy had a great life with you.

View attachment 88054

Sounds like Rudy had some amazing adventures, sorry for your loss.
I hope they made it to a good age

Oh Matt,

How hard for you. Our travelling companions mean so much to us.

With love and best wishes, May Ruby be at peace waiting by the Rainbow bridge xxxxx

Sad news Matt, sorry for the loss of your close buddy.

Sorry to hear that mate i feel your loss i really do. will you be getting another?

Really sorry to hear that @MattBW . completely understand how you feel. The loss of a traveling partner like this is really tough.

This is very sad to read. I can't imagine how we will feel when our 10 year old lurcher passes on. One of the reasons for buying the Cali was to have some good UK holidays with him in the van with us. Sorry for your loss.