Fake posts...

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I know the admin respond pretty quick to reported posts. But are we really screening new members properly if a driving license is for sale on the forum?

You make a good point. I'll delete post.

Interestingly he also has the admin icons next to his name - unless that has been added as icons later. Oooh! This is interesting indeed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Looks like the site may have been hacked. Maybe folk should be aware? Or at least be wary of what they post...

Indeed I do.

I normally check all new members but we have so many each day i must of let this one slip through as i have to manually check these days. i have to on facebook as well full time job

I normally check all new members but we have so many each day i must of let this one slip through as i have to manually check these days. i have to on facebook as well full time job
No criticism meant at all. You guys do an amazing job.

I see the dozens of new members each day, some are pretty obvious where they are bots, but if they apply manually in person , use VPNs and are very careful with what they enter they can get through. They don't last long however even on the rare occasion they do get through.

@TripleBee I am glad we did ;)

I don't think any system is going to be perfect. Lots of new members, lots of new posts. We try and check all new posts but sometimes it takes a member to see and report before it's picked up,

You could add a few pre qualifying questions to the sign up.
1. Which is better, a Beach or an Ocean?
2. Which tyres are best?
3. Bungee or no bungee?

If they dither at these, you know it's a bot, as all members of this forum will have a strong opinion on these points. :)

It may well work! Knock out gas real or fake ;) :D

These days most of my visits here, I just check the approval queues and reports, action and then leave. I honestly think reading every post these days would be a full time job for someone so even with the number of mods and admins we can't read every post and certainly don't.

We rely on the great membership to spot and report these things and it works well, other than over night most things are gone pretty fast. Same on the FB pages.

You could add a few pre qualifying questions to the sign up.
1. Which is better, a Beach or an Ocean?
2. Which tyres are best?
3. Bungee or no bungee?

If they dither at these, you know it's a bot, as all members of this forum will have a strong opinion on these points. :)
You forgot the 4 motion issue...

Does the software have the ability to make the first 1 or 2 posts from new members go directly to 'awaiting moderation'?
Anyone selling fake sunspecs would have to imitate a serious member before sharing their dodgy goods.

I am sure its probably possible.

For me, it is whether for the amount of times it happens, is worth the extra moderator time. Will it free up time or increase it? Most of these folks I am glad to say get filtered out at the application stage, as every single sign up is reviewed against a spam database.

I can certainly look into it with the admins and see what we can do, anything that can reduce moderator interventions is good in my book.

I totally agree with Matt. @MattBW .The incidences of "rogue" posts getting through is but a small percentage of those that the site is hit with on a regular basis and of that small percentage most are picked up by the moderators virtually upon making landfall and if not very soon reported by members for moderation.

My first job on logging on is to check genuine member messages awaiting approval, the less time anyone is kept waiting is good all round for the forum and pre-approval for new members posts would probably slow this part of the job down considerably.

We can try, if thought necessary, but if the system is working bar a very occasional glitch then I would question the need for a fix.

When I posted on Sat eve it was the first time I’d ever seen such a post - and I’m in and out of the forum throughout the day. So the current moderator / admin interventions must be catching pretty much everything.

Anyone on here interested in a European passport?