Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Family site in Cornwall

superchoward

superchoward

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We're thinking of visiting Cornwall for a week this summer in June/July time. Does anybody have any site suggestions for a young family of 4 in a Cali, kids are 4 and 2. We have never been to the area so no idea on where to visit just yet. Our first thoughts are the campervan Mecca of Newquay but open to suggestions...

Cheers
Chris

Dropped Anchor Sea View, stopped there this week, its just a basic site, no more than 25 pitches I think, shower and toilet, fire pits for each pitch if you fancy. Debbie or Joe very friendly, should be able to find it on the web, plenty of room for kids to run around. Should add this was about 10 miles east of Penzance not far from beeches with a sea view and a 20 min walk to the nearest pub.

http://seaviewcampingatdroppedanchor.co.uk

Last edited:
I havent been for about 8 years but Hendra in Newquay had a good pool area and is good for kids.

Went to Hendra last year and its well geared up for kids. We stayed in the furthest field from the main complex in school holidays it felt quite spacious and was clean. Closer to the complex is very crowded and quite loud with the number of children

If you are just interested in peace & quiet, space and play things rather than a clubhouse, pool and provided entertainments have a look at Porthtowan Tourist Park about 15 mile down the coast from Newquay. We camped there with a trailer tent 4 years ago.

Depends on what you want really. We stayed at Wooda Farm near Bude a few years back and enjoyed it.

We have always found the calm seas and sheltered coves of the south coast better with small children.
We love the area around Gorran Haven. Good quality basic site at Treveague farm, more facilities at Seaview International through to the full on Haven Style experience at Pentewan Sands. Eden Project, Lost Gardens of Heligan and quaint fishing villages all on your doorstep + under an hour to the delights of Newquay if you really must!

Ayr site in St Ives is great a bit pricey mind

Some great tips there. I’ve made a list of them all and will check them out. I think I’ll probably list where we are going to visit whilst we are down there and possibly book a site based on location. The Porthtowan Tourist Park looks like it’s in a good spot central to a lot of attractions. I think we would prefer a site with more child friendly facilities like a playground and pool than just a basic site with shower block if we are going for a week.

I tend to go round in circles with these things, if there is too much choice its analysis paralysis whereas I’m sure they would all be just fine for us

Back