Kmann

Kmann

Iben & Henrik
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Anyone have a clue?

My new (only 900 km) Ocean T6 sometimes runs the fan (engine) madly when I stop. There is a smell of very warm engine. But the meter says 90*

Is this behavior normal? Or should I pay a visit to the garage? We are leaving on a long trip soon.

DPF … What is that?

Diesel particulate filter, used to remove particles from the exhaust, unless you drive hard every now and again, the engine runs a cycle to heat it up and clean itself out.

Anyone have a clue?

My new (only 900 km) Ocean T6 sometimes runs the fan (engine) madly when I stop. There is a smell of very warm engine. But the meter says 90*

Is this behavior normal? Or should I pay a visit to the garage? We are leaving on a long trip soon.
That's normal behaviour for my van. Sounds loud and disturbing. Is totally fine. :)

Oki, thank you all … ;-)

mine is the same. I wouldnt worry about it.

Yes: I spoke to the dealership about it last week before reading all this - they confirmed everything said in this thread. You're a great source of info guys.

it is more when you drive economical. Just make some higher rpm every now and then on the road ..
When you read about it in the manual it also explains why the indicator on the dashboard sometimes advises to go in lower gear without any logical explanation, it is for the same reason as above : to clear the pdf our intelligent cali wants us to make some higher rpm every now and then..

I started the same thread myself - bit disconcerting at first, but nothing to worry about. My T5 didn't do it so I was a bit freaked out!

Smells bad when the fan running. Like something is burning ;)

If it happens too many times better check with your dealer if there is a recall for your vehicle : after a software update it is much less often.

Our T6 is the same, sometimes runs on madly making a hell of a noise and smells of burning rubber, which does concern me slightly, but it was an option that I didn't pay for, but I really would like to know what the smell of burning rubber is caused by!

Happens our 2017 Cali as well. A bit alarming at first but has happened many times in the three months we’ve owned it. It’s also accompanied by a smell from the engine.

It will happen less after a while, especially if you do not drive many short trips.

Our T6 is the same, sometimes runs on madly making a hell of a noise and smells of burning rubber, which does concern me slightly, but it was an option that I didn't pay for, but I really would like to know what the smell of burning rubber is caused by!
I don’t think the smell is of burning rubber but more like some kind of new paint smell that had been heated up. Sometimes I think it smells like hot break pads. I don’t get a rubber smell.

Back