Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fastest Female In A Van

Very sad - RIP - what a character

Wasn't expecting to read that, very sad. I'm not a motorsports person by any stretch but even I'd heard of her and been impressed by her talent. Huge shame.

Shocked to hear such sad news.
So young, how sad.
A life lived in the fast lane. RIP

RIP indeed.
Met her at the Nurburgring many years ago. A group of us had a beer in her bar there, after she had driven them round in the Ring Taxi. Still have the terrifying on board footage they took somewhere. Great lady.

RIP Sabine. Just over 10 minutes to go round the Nurburgring in a TRANSIT VAN!! Incredible. Anyone interested in matching/beating that in their Cali?! ;) Maybe empty the tanks first!

From BBC website.

This Sunday's episode of Top Gear will be dedicated to Schmitz, with Clare Pizey, executive producer, saying: "Sabine was a beloved member of the Top Gear family and presenting team since 2016, having first appeared on the show in 2004, and everyone who had the pleasure of working with her on the team is in shock at this news.

She could throw a Golf around quickly as well. Glad I wasn't in a Porsche the day this was filmed!

Anyone interested in matching/beating that in their Cali?! ;) Maybe empty the tanks first!
I think that a VW T5 held the van record for a long time until Guy Martin claimed it in his Transit.

VW Transporter driven by Rob Austin, British Touring Car Championship driver.

Sad news. Still, can’t help but smile when I think of her.

VW Transporter driven by Rob Austin, British Touring Car Championship driver.

Not to detract from Rob Austin’s achievement but it’s in a different van possibly 15 years later and he drove the nuts off it to gain just 10 seconds on Sabine Schmitz - incredible when you think that in just 5 years a Ford Focus RS was 20 seconds quicker than its predecessor round the ring - shows you how fast things change over time.

RIP Sabine - I was so saddened to read of her passing. What a lovely person she was! Thanks for sharing all of this, it was a pleasure to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk