Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fault codes help please

J

Jon

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

Done a first scan using OBDeleven on my T6 Ocean and got the following 3 codes back:

01 Engine

System description: R4 2.0l TDI
Software number: 04L906056KH
Software version: 3805
Hardware number: 04L907445
Hardware version: H02
ODX name: EV_ECM20TDI03004L906056KH
ODX version: 004003
Long coding: 0025401C436401080000

Trouble codes:
null - Unknown
Intermittent

08 Air Conditioning

System description: ClimatronicT5
Software number: 7E0907040J
Software version: 0509
Hardware number: 7E0907040J
Hardware version: H03
ODX name: EV_ClimatronicT5
ODX version: A01003
Long coding: 0004000103

Subsystems:
System description: Heckbedienung
Software number: 7E7907049C
Software version: 0303
Hardware version: H11
Serial number: BHB-0010704160015098

Trouble codes:
B10AA31 - Rear A/C control and display head No signal
Intermittent

18 Auxiliary Parking Heater

System description: STH-T5GP2
Software number: 7E0963273A
Software version: 0009
Hardware number: 7E0963273A
Hardware version: 003
ODX name: EV_AuxilParkiHeateWOST5G2
ODX version: 001013
Long coding: 4101

Trouble codes:
P125000 - Fuel level too low
Intermittent

Understand that the aux heater low fuel one is common so not to worry about. Aux heater definitely been working recently in the cold weather!

Checked the rear a/c controls and seems ok, can control the fan and temp from the front controls.

The vague one is the "null - Unknown" on the engine. Would the dealer be able to get more info than OBDeleven?

So should I clear all and see if they come back or leave them and add them to the list of other things I have for the dealer to check out before the warranty ends in a few months?

Cheers,

Jon.

I have the rear heating intermediate one, but the heating works fine.

Whereabouts are you Jon?

I have a VCDS diagnostics tool, which provides greater detail. Also provides volume of errors repeating and priority codes (to fix).

I have learnt that some codes can simply be cleared and do not repeat. Others if they repeat can then be investigated further.

I had a number of repeating error codes on the HVAC system that simply disappeared via a reset.

Thanks for the offer Alan. I am in Dorset.....

Ahh. A bit too far.

I think that you can still loan a vcds from the club shop for about £20 for the week.

It might be worth considering.

Hi there is a software fault with T6 and crafter Engine control units that cause a null or as we know it 000000 fault code it means nothing and causes no harm the reasons for this code are under investigation we are told to delete it and carry on as normal. There is no software fix yet

Thanks both, tempted to clear all then and see if they come back.

On another note, if VCDS can read more info, one question for OBDeleven users.
Since I only have the basic app, does the Pro version give more info? I seem to remember an advanced diagnostics menu that needed the Pro licence....

Thanks both, tempted to clear all then and see if they come back.

On another note, if VCDS can read more info, one question for OBDeleven users.
Since I only have the basic app, does the Pro version give more info? I seem to remember an advanced diagnostics menu that needed the Pro licence....
I have the Pro version, Ithink the difference is access to coding, etc.

Just to update and close down the thread. Cleared the faults and only the AC and Null ones came back over the course of a month or so. Asked the dealer to investigate the AC one and they acknowledged the code, investigated and found nothing untoward. Chap at the desk mentioned he remembered something similar on Polos and VW basically told them to disregard. Therefore not going to worry about it. At least if there is a real issue down the line there is some history that could count towards "goodwill"! Cheers, Jon.

I had similar error codes being reported by my vcds on the a/c. Doing some searching via google I found a quick reset method for the a/c.

Having completed the reset all error codes were removed and have not returned.

I'll have a look tomorrow to find these instructions for a/c reset.

The other thing you get with vcds is a severity plus urgency to fix measure. These help to confirm whether you have an error that requires an urgent dealership fix or something that can wait until your next service.

Thanks Alan, that would be really helpful.

Van was in for dreaded roof rot so wasn't a special trip. Will remember the vcds tip if I get some more codes in the future since will be out of warranty soon!

Thanks Alan, that would be really helpful.

Van was in for dreaded roof rot so wasn't a special trip. Will remember the vcds tip if I get some more codes in the future since will be out of warranty soon!
Here are instructions to reset the a/c …….

V easy, thanks!

Checked the codes now I have the van back and all clear. Will wait for a bit and check again to see if the AC one returns. You never know, the dealer may have done the reset as part of the investigation proceedure....

Back