Favourite non-factory options

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
What are your three favourite accessories for your Cali.

Everyone is allowed basic kitchen and dining accessories: saucepan, frying pan, kettle, cutlery, crockery, cups, glasses, washing up bowl etc. In addition, Beach owners are allowed a double burner stove and 28 litre compressor fridge. Upgrades such as bone china crockery, steak knives, BBQ set, herb and spice set, wine cooler, etc are not included and would be an accessory.

My three favourite accessories:
Solar panels
Driveaway awning
Jackyards' seat covers

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

1. Drive-away Awning
2. Electric Heater (*Until Eberspacher fitted)
3. Roof Topper

* 500W Inverter

You know what happens to Jon Snow in the next episode, right?

Sorreeee... :oops:

1. Brandrup Isotop roof liner
2. Water proof seat covers
3. Waeco CFX 35 compressor fridge/freezer

I can drive it with a cable, or wirelessly (but I find via cable easier) from either my iPhone/iPad with a "lightening to HDMI" adapter or from my MacBook's HDMI port.

It will also accept a memory card, or USB key/external drive.... So photos/films can be viewed from either of these natively, if available.

Works a treat..... Internal battery life is about 2hrs - 2.5hrs. (depending on the brightness setting.) After that, it will run fine off the 12V.

If buying again, I'd just buy the cheaper non-wireless model, as driving from a cable or natively via a USB or memory card, is what we normally do.

Last edited:
Anybody tried one of the cheaper ones on Amazon1

We bought a cheaper one for our 15 year old son for Christmas as a semi joke (he's been threatening to set up a motor home cinema for years in our T5)

It's ok. Better than nothing, neat in that it can play from a micro SD card and run off 12v. Image quality leaves a lot to be desired but as a fun way to spend an evening it does the job. I suspect he'll ask for a higher spec one in a year or two so we can have an outdoor screening. Old van is white so would have been a perfect screen....

1. Bog in a Bag
2. Outwell Pop-up Toilet tent
3. Pegless washing lines x 2.

^ I guess if you do not use campsites these are essential!!! (And you are Welsh GAS after all :))

^ I guess if you do not use campsites these are essential!!! (And you are Welsh GAS after all :))
Too True. Especially in mid-winter.
Dare I say, of more use than a Screen Projector if the California is going to be used to its fullest capability.
Don’t forget the OP’s question was related to Non-Factory Options. I have an SE, so these are all we need in addition to the Factory Options to live our dreams.

1. Bog in a Bag
2. Outwell Pop-up Toilet tent
3. Pegless washing lines x 2.

We carted a collapsible toilet around Scandinavia and didn't use it once. If on campsites we use the campsite facilities, if wild camping we dig a latrine pit and fill in after use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slidepod
Waeco CF40 Fridge
Oomph coffee maker

Also equal 4th carpet set and inka seat covers

^ With a Slidepod taking up the entire under boot where do you store your heavy gear on a trip?

for me
Jackyard seat covers
slide out rear draw
seat pockets for front seats

for me
Jackyard seat covers
slide out rear draw
seat pockets for front seats
I'm glad someone else has listed Jackyards' seat covers. They transform our van's interior and put a very individual stamp on it. I just love the nautical feel. When we return I want to ask Denise to make up a set of boot bags to fit exactly under the made up bed at the front of our boot. And possibly a second set to fit on top of the first set when the bed is not made up to be level with the top of the multiflex and use the space above the wheels

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Last edited:
1. Collapsible Outwell kettle. Still brings a smile to my face and is actually a very practical kettle.
2. Roof Topper. A bit boring and I didn't think we would use it much but it makes upstairs much cosier on chilly, windy night's and is a doddle to attach
3. Bluetooth speaker. Spent many cosy nights in the van with a bottle of red listening to BBC comedy podcasts.

Still looking for seat covers we like and an affordable fridge. When we do they might make my top 3 for 2018.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Back