Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fed up with ‘bad’ news? Post your good news here!

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
For the first time in a couple of years I am really fed up with all the doom and gloom that lurks around the corner every time I listen to the news on the radio. We are in troubled times and I agree that for most of us on here any ‘problems’ we may have are actually very minor. However I do find that the constant barrage of current affairs is beginning to grind me down to the extent that I find myself not actually listen to ‘the news’ as much as I used to.

SO THEN, POST YOUR GOOD NEWS HERE! (No whining, no negativity, no depressing truths………..JUST GOOD NEWS)

My energy company just e-mailed to advise that I could lower my monthly direct debit .... really!!

My Cali, while generally grubby, is not yet filthy enough that I have to wash it, hooray.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference".

That's it in a nutshell!

Since most of the doom and gloom is completely out of our control then what's the point in worrying about it?

Good news - In 31 days Christmas will be over................ Bah humbug!

Last edited:
Closer to finalising a Switzerland 1 week (9 days actually) trip in the Cali in Dec. Yay! Make the most of the time that is available. :thumb

This morning I held a door open for a slow walking older man and when he got to me he said, “I should be holding it for you my dear” I replied, “Don’t worry I’m a modern woman” and he beamed and said’ “thank goodness for modern women” we both chucked and went on with our days smiling

This morning I held a door open for a slow walking older man and when he got to me he said, “I should be holding it for you my dear” I replied, “Don’t worry I’m a modern woman” and he beamed and said’ “thank goodness for modern women” we both chucked and went on with our days smiling
Chuckled not chucked

I woke this morning and thought “gee, thanks another day to live doing the things I want to do“

Sitting in the van listening to the river. The radio turns off the news 20221125_110401.jpgby itself. And the sun is out and the kettle on.

Everyone doing their little bit to make the world a better place. Uktoukraine on Instagram. Folks near us in Axford.