Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Feeling Lucky ?

F

Flood51

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Today I got my eyesight back in my right eye. I won't bore you with the story apart from a short summary. Retina detachment in 2013, diagnosis to surgery 17 hours on NHS (local an.and fascinating commentary) Then needed Cataract surgery to correct vision, diagnosis to surgery 13 weeks, finally I developed posterior capsule opacity and had at 12 sec YAG laser procedure that I didn't even realise was happening. I get my new Cali mid March ordered in August but until today I was about to cancel as I didn't feel I could drive a vehicle that large with one eye. Now vision is perfect thanks to the people at Brighton Eye Hospital. Put this post down to enormous relief and a little celebratory wine. Tell us about your lucky experiences o_O

Last edited:
That i can affort a Cali and and enjoy it....
Wish you all the best , health is everything in a persons life:thumb

January 6th 2006 was walking in the Brecon Beacons with my wife. Felt some discomfort in the back of my throat, it was -8c at the time. Disappeared when we got to the Pub. Following day same feeling when shopping in Tescos. Next day, in work had a chat with a work colleague who was a Cardiologist. 2 hrs later in Coronary Care for tests. 12 hrs later having a Coronary Angiogram in the new Cardiac Centre in Morriston, Swansea. was told you need 1 stent definitely, but 5 would be better. Told them to crack on. Been fine ever since . Now retired and enjoying " The Van ". Off to Florence and France this year. Back to Scandinavia next. In between anywhere and everywhere.
Nothing like the NHS when the proverbial hits the fan.

Both stories are very good reasons for the NHS to be funded properly and not privatised.

My daughter is just completing her graduate medical degree (already been an A&E nurse in East London for 10 years) and is getting a little despondent, wondering what she should do now!

Alan

Ran out of talent in the black mountains, smashed my wrist to smithereens had to ride 15 miles to put the bike on the trailer, before driving to Aberystwyth. Had the bones reset whilst under the influence of gas - couldn't have anything stronger as I wanted to drive home - and get the bones fixed properly by the guy that had just removed all the metal from my leg!

Wasn't anyone here driving the gas was it? :cool:

Last edited:
Ran out of talent in the black mountains, smashed my wrist to smithereens had to ride 15 miles to put the bike on the trailer, before driving to Aberystwyth. Had the bones reset whilst under the influence of gas - couldn't have anything stronger as I wanted to drive home - and get the bones fixed properly by the guy that had just removed all the metal from my leg!

Wasn't anyone here driving the gas was it? :cool:
Not me. Further South.

About 2 and a half years ago at 23.40 my first daughter was born 7 week too early at 3lb 15oz. She was stuck for 50 mins and suffered bad brushing to her head APGARS 5 at 1 min. She was intubated then on a SiPAP machine, under UV, had a long line in her arm, scars all over her feet from the O2 tests every hour, tube down throat then down nose to feed, and dropped to 3lb 5oz in the first few days. She was in a total of 4 weeks. The neonatal ward at the hospital had a group of angels working there, I owe them all so much and donate money when I can. I truly believe she wouldn't be here if it weren't for all their extra efforts. She is now a normal happy energetic little girl, for that I am very lucky!

Last edited:
Back