Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma F45s from Campervanbits

BedfordBoy

BedfordBoy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Sika is amazing, but my only concern would be snapping the top part of the bracket & then having to remove the lower glued part to replace it.

Anyone fitting brackets (esp. Fiamma) should photograph or keep the label for the long part code - from experience there are many many variants & it’ll be far easier should you need to replace one or both down the road ...
advice noted

BedfordBoy

BedfordBoy

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Well, last night I managed to fit the Fiamma F45S to my T6 Ocean. It fitted with no need to start drilling any extra holes in the bracket. :thumb

One tip. When fitting the rain guard, use the handle end of a spoon to push up the bottom part of the rubber into the channel. Makes the task much easier.

M

Mervyn edmunds

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Can you post a picture of the rear adapter please, i am wanting to see if I can convert it to a left side fitting.

comfortz

comfortz

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Sorry but you can only alter the original VW rear bracket in order for the VW/Thule awning to be fitted to the left hand side (you can't do this with the fiamma F45). The original VW bracket comes with pop rivets that can be drilled and the angle can then altered in order for it to accept the awning on the left side of the van, the fiamma one comes as one solid piece so isn't adjustable at all I'm afraid.You will also have to bridge the gap on top of the roof with 1" square bar as there are no bolt holes in the LHS of a California Pop top (or aftermarket pop top) like there is on the RHS of the California. We've also recently tried VW original brackets with the fiamma F45 and the F45 sits too low and the sliding door hits it when it is opened - so the only option is original VW brackets and the Thule 5102 / VW awning. :thumb

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
After 3 years use can report it started to rattle but was a basic bracket inside to hold the arms had undone. Tightened the screw and rattle gone entirely.

Only one small negative in three years the rear cap has paint bubbles (aluminium) noticeable up close. New cap is about £30 so probably will only replace if it gets worse or I sell the van.

Campingrookie

Campingrookie

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
3a174b3d9e2490e1474c720d83d6f0cd.jpg
bending the seal back and pushing in hard with a thumb seemed the fastest method. This allows you to see if it was inserted properly as you went.

I’ve just fitted this awning today. Your pics really helped and the tip for fitting the seal was fantastic, I’d have probably resorted to a hammer in frustration if I hadn’t used your technique!

Thank you for taking the time to post this, really helpful :cheers

MattBW

MattBW

Here to help
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
I’ve just fitted this awning today. Your pics really helped and the tip for fitting the seal was fantastic, I’d have probably resorted to a hammer in frustration if I hadn’t used your technique!

Thank you for taking the time to post this, really helpful :cheers
Glad to hear it helped, I still love mine today gets used on every trip! The coverage on this awning is massive.

Apologies for delay in replying, I missed this one. :)

N

noiser-cz

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi to all, just considering buying a Fiamma F45s to my Cali Beach T6 - gone through the pictures posted here, it seems like the fixing aluminium elements (2 parts between awning and car body) are same as for Thule Omnistor 5102 (OE awning), can someone confirm that, please? Thank you!

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hi to all, just considering buying a Fiamma F45s to my Cali Beach T6 - gone through the pictures posted here, it seems like the fixing aluminium elements (2 parts between awning and car body) are same as for Thule Omnistor 5102 (OE awning), can someone confirm that, please? Thank you!
See Post 44 above.
Using the Thule brackets, the Fiamma awning fouls the sliding door.