Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma Storage Bag / Bike Rack StorageGo

V

Volky

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We’re off to Europe again for hols. Looking at the Fiamma bike rack storage bag, but also need to get 2 youth bikes on the rack. Has anyone used that set up? Our question is - do the bikes go on the inside of the original T5 bike rack ( in which case, how do you secure the bag)? Or do the bikes go on the outside of the rack (in which case how do you attach a bike to the fourth rack because the extender is too long to attach the fourth bike from the third?).

Hope this makes sense! We don’t want a tow bar storage box.

Thanks....

Hi Volky, as far as I can remember @Amarillo has some sort of a bag a bag and also some bikes... He might give you a picture of his setup...
cheers and happy camping in Europe!

Hi Volky, as far as I can remember @Amarillo has some sort of a bag a bag and also some bikes... He might give you a picture of his setup...
cheers and happy camping in Europe!

We had 2 Bromptons, a 14" wheel child's bike, a 12" wheel balance bike and a bagged double trailer on the back.

The Bromptons went in positions #1 and #2. The children's bikes went rear wheels overlapping in position #3. The bagged trailer rested in position #4, with two long straps around the bag and whole rack. Everything was further supported and locked with two custom made long cables locked together with a high security padlock.

9da73b6bf2e698b558a5a0022440bde3.jpg

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Reactions: Sad
Thanks Amarillo and great photo. That’s the kind of set up we are looking at with the fiamma storage bag on the back and bikes in position 1 and 2. I think we’ll get the bag and then work out how to secure it to the rack. As your photo shows, should be possible with a few straps.

Thanks Amarillo and great photo. That’s the kind of set up we are looking at with the fiamma storage bag on the back and bikes in position 1 and 2. I think we’ll get the bag and then work out how to secure it to the rack. As your photo shows, should be possible with a few straps.
Hiya, I have one of those Fiamma bags for sale if you are interested in a second hand one.

Yes would be - can you pm me re condition/price thanks!

Use the straps to secure the bag to the rack, but don't forget to lock it as well.

http://www.tecni-cable.co.uk/TECNI-Maxi-10mm-Security-Cable-with-Length-Options.

Two of the above, one wrapped around everything and through the bike wheels in a horizontal plane, the other around everything and through the bike frames in a vertical plane, will give you peace of mind when you pop into Lidl or stop for lunch. The cables can be ordered to the exact length you require for a nice tight fit.

Provided you use a quality padlock, thieves will need to be armed with bolt cutters to get your luggage and, if you have used and locked the arms, bolt cutters and hacksaw to get your bikes.

Use the straps to secure the bag to the rack, but don't forget to lock it as well.

http://www.tecni-cable.co.uk/TECNI-Maxi-10mm-Security-Cable-with-Length-Options.

Two of the above, one wrapped around everything and through the bike wheels in a horizontal plane, the other around everything and through the bike frames in a vertical plane, will give you peace of mind when you pop into Lidl or stop for lunch. The cables can be ordered to the exact length you require for a nice tight fit.

Provided you use a quality padlock, thieves will need to be armed with bolt cutters to get your luggage and, if you have used and locked the arms, bolt cutters and hacksaw to get your bikes.

I think thieves favour angle grinders now, decent battery/disc will cut through anything, bit noisy but who will challenge them these days?