Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fiamma T6 pro bike rack?

R

Richk

Anyone had one of these yet and have any feedback & how it compares to the the VW one.
VW looks better build but I have had fiamma in past and once built it was fine.
Thanks

I have used the T5 version, looks identical to your link, for over a year and find it very solid and easy to use for two road bikes. The tailgate stays up with both bikes loaded. When you first fit just watch the positioning of the two arms for clamping the bike top tubes I nearly bent the edge of the roof lifting the tailgate with the roof up (bikes not on rack) works better with the clamping knobs facing downwards.

Just been putting it together this afternoon.
That’s good to know guys. Thanks for the feedback.

Just been putting it together this afternoon.
That’s good to know guys. Thanks for the feedback.
I ended up using slightly thinner rubber sheet between the plastic moulding as the pieces they supplied were too thick to allow it to sit properly over the profile at the top(you’ll understand what I mean when you try and fit it) and tape the edge where it hooks over). I also used a proper rubber edge strip for the metal clamps where they hook under by the tail lamps.

5AD23793-6CB9-4BB4-B326-C11F4B72420F.jpeg

6E19A0FA-FEE6-451B-80CF-5D1983609D6B.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi posted yesterday on the forum about a bike rack for our first California (about to put down a deposit), we tow an Eriba so need to check the clearance. The Fiamma T6 pro bike rack looks really neat (similar looking to the VW 'Kylie') it says you can fit 3x bikes, you need an extra 'rail premium', does this mean you just add this to the existing rail, wouldn't this make it a bit tight to fit x3 bikes?

Any advice greatly received

Hi posted yesterday on the forum about a bike rack for our first California (about to put down a deposit), we tow an Eriba so need to check the clearance. The Fiamma T6 pro bike rack looks really neat (similar looking to the VW 'Kylie') it says you can fit 3x bikes, you need an extra 'rail premium', does this mean you just add this to the existing rail, wouldn't this make it a bit tight to fit x3 bikes?

Any advice greatly received
We have one in our T6. Just use it for 2 bikes ourselves. It looks like you could add a rail as the mountings where the wheels secure are telescopic and pull outward to accommodate another rail presumably.
We have had it 5 months with constant use as away on a long trip. It’s holding up ok , however the arms that hold the top tubes have become quite loose. I’m not sure whether this is meant to be we have been up a lot of dirts tracks in it.
hope that helps..... it does look smart and stealth.

Back