Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Filby has Arrived...

RetroRed5

RetroRed5

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
We ordered back in May 2018 so it's been quite the wait but our California Ocean (Filby) has arrived at long last :)

Obviously very early days and not had chance to go on any adventures yet but very pleased with how he (she?) looks and drives; I'll get more pics when the weather is better...

upload_2019-1-22_16-0-53.png

Very nice - like the colour,chrome pack and the wheels.
Ordered very similar spec to your on Saturday but went for standard alloys :cheers

Thanks all :thumb

I too am a big fan of these "retro" style wheels, they go very well on all the two-tone Cali's.

Just doing a bit more shopping now for some more "essentials"; hoping to do a few day-trips out first (as practice) and then planning our first night away in a few weeks - exciting times!!

@gvick - good choice :thumb

When our Cali got to the dealership it came with standard wheels and they were on it when I went to view it last week, it does look good on the standard 16's too. These retro wheels were fit as a "dealer" option once I signed-off on it (although I did order the wheels at the same time as the Cali).

That looks great !!!! How come it took so long to arrive - I would be climbing the walls.

That looks great !!!! How come it took so long to arrive - I would be climbing the walls.
The new WLTP emissions standards caused the delay; my Cali was actually built back in August and was supposed to be with me in September or early October but it kept getting pushed back; anyway, all that's behind us now and it's here at last ;)

Having said that, the car I bought before the Cali was almost exactly 12 months from the time I ordered to the day I took delivery so I'm sort of used to waiting.

Good choice of colour and the wheels are perfect for that retro look :thumb

We ordered back in May 2018 so it's been quite the wait but our California Ocean (Filby) has arrived at long last :)

Obviously very early days and not had chance to go on any adventures yet but very pleased with how he (she?) looks and drives; I'll get more pics when the weather is better...

View attachment 40890

Sparkling like a new penny, looks fantastic, enjoy every moment, silver awing looks fab with the colour scheme.

View attachment 40890

I really like the two-tone look. I bet you can't wait to get out and about. What is the full spec and price? Just being nosey.

I wish you didnt post them photos. I want to sell my Cali and buy yours now. Its stunning! Enjoy your lovely new machine!!!

I wish you didnt post them photos. I want to sell my Cali and buy yours now. Its stunning! Enjoy your lovely new machine!!!

Ha, Sorry, not for sale just yet I'm afraid ;)

You are right though, it is a great looking Cali; we went for a little trip out yesterday and parked up near a park and a fish and chip shop by a river; we sat in the back munching some chips and drinking tea and I lost count of the number of people who walked by and stopped to compliment the Cali amongst themselves (we had the roof up so we could hear some of the comments); all of them oblivious to the fact that we were sat in the back of it because with the Limo tints you can't see into the living area at all from the outside :D I got out to put some rubbish in the bin and two old dears stopped me to say "ooh what a nice looking vehicle".

I really like the two-tone look. I bet you can't wait to get out and about. What is the full spec and price? Just being nosey.

So far so good with our new CaliO, it is an awesome machine, we love it :)

We've only done a few day trips so far but planning our first few nights away this coming weekend, can't wait ;)

I'll get some more pics and post when we get back.

Here is the full spec...
  • California Ocean 2.0 199PS EU6 StopStart
  • BlueMotion DSG 4MOTION
  • Two-tone - Candy White-Cherry Red
  • 17in Alloy Wheels - Cascavel Anthracite (we got these but replaced with retro style wheels)
  • Alcantara - Moonrock Grey
  • Decorative Insert Dark Brushed Silver Decorative Strip in Lower Outside Body Colour
  • Bellow Colour of Pop-Up Roof - Strawberry Red
  • Cupboard with Dark Wood Trim-With Outdoor Shower Connection
  • Comfort Lighting
  • Cruise Control - Adaptive including Front Assist and City Emergency Braking
  • LED Headlights with LED Daytime Running and Tailgate with Red Tail Lights
  • Side Scan with Cruise Control
  • Laminated Glass Package in Cab
  • Leather Multi-function Sports Steering Wheel and Gear Knob with Radio and Telephone Controls
  • Multi-function Display Premium with Multi-colour Display and Driver Alert System
  • Discover Media Navigation System Plus
  • Chrome Pack
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Fuel Tank 80 Litre
  • Dynamic Chassis Control
  • Reversing Camera with Front and Rear Parking Sensors
  • Electric Sliding Door - Drivers Side
  • Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat
  • High Beam Assist
  • Awning - Silver Rail and Housing
  • Alloy Spare Wheel with Original Equipment Tyre
  • Magnetic Flashlight
  • Central Locking - 4 Remote Folding Keys
  • Mud Flaps - Front and Rear
  • Lockable Storage Compartment
  • Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation
  • Heated Windscreen
  • Removable Towbar
We also added the following dealer options...
  • Chrome Effect Protection Strip On Tailgate
  • Stainless Steel Effect Rear Bumper Protector
  • Door Sill Guards
  • Angled Side Chrome Bars (these are great and now include lights)
  • Paint Protection, Quartz
  • Rear Tints To Limousine
  • Ghost Immobilizer
  • Vodafone Tracker
We also went for the 5-year extended warranty and service package.

After discounts, we paid about £77k all in :Nailbiting

Good choice of colour and the wheels are perfect for that retro look :thumb
I'm assuming your profile pic is your Cali; seems you have pretty much exactly the same one as we do; yes, good choice of colour and those wheels are perfect ;)

So far so good with our new CaliO, it is an awesome machine, we love it :)

We've only done a few day trips so far but planning our first few nights away this coming weekend, can't wait ;)

I'll get some more pics and post when we get back.

Here is the full spec...
  • California Ocean 2.0 199PS EU6 StopStart
  • BlueMotion DSG 4MOTION
  • Two-tone - Candy White-Cherry Red
  • 17in Alloy Wheels - Cascavel Anthracite (we got these but replaced with retro style wheels)
  • Alcantara - Moonrock Grey
  • Decorative Insert Dark Brushed Silver Decorative Strip in Lower Outside Body Colour
  • Bellow Colour of Pop-Up Roof - Strawberry Red
  • Cupboard with Dark Wood Trim-With Outdoor Shower Connection
  • Comfort Lighting
  • Cruise Control - Adaptive including Front Assist and City Emergency Braking
  • LED Headlights with LED Daytime Running and Tailgate with Red Tail Lights
  • Side Scan with Cruise Control
  • Laminated Glass Package in Cab
  • Leather Multi-function Sports Steering Wheel and Gear Knob with Radio and Telephone Controls
  • Multi-function Display Premium with Multi-colour Display and Driver Alert System
  • Discover Media Navigation System Plus
  • Chrome Pack
  • Hill Descent Control
  • Fuel Tank 80 Litre
  • Dynamic Chassis Control
  • Reversing Camera with Front and Rear Parking Sensors
  • Electric Sliding Door - Drivers Side
  • Bed Extension with Comfort Sleeping Mat
  • High Beam Assist
  • Awning - Silver Rail and Housing
  • Alloy Spare Wheel with Original Equipment Tyre
  • Magnetic Flashlight
  • Central Locking - 4 Remote Folding Keys
  • Mud Flaps - Front and Rear
  • Lockable Storage Compartment
  • Privacy Glass with Heat Insulation
  • Heated Windscreen
  • Removable Towbar
We also added the following dealer options...
  • Chrome Effect Protection Strip On Tailgate
  • Stainless Steel Effect Rear Bumper Protector
  • Door Sill Guards
  • Angled Side Chrome Bars (these are great and now include lights)
  • Paint Protection, Quartz
  • Rear Tints To Limousine
  • Ghost Immobilizer
  • Vodafone Tracker
We also went for the 5-year extended warranty and service package.

After discounts, we paid about £77k all in :Nailbiting

Everything but the kitchen sink. Hold on...

There goes the pension pot.

Everything but the kitchen sink. Hold on...

There goes the pension pot.
Re. the pension, you are not wrong but you can't take it with you so I figured why not ;)

Re. the kitchen sink, we got the Ocean so it comes with a sink :thumb