Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California is here and we love it!!

aBusAndBeyond

aBusAndBeyond

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
We've been looking at Cali's and conversions for a while now. We spoke to a couple of different dealers over the past couple of weeks and, today, took a trip today to Guildford VW Van Centre. Spoke to Peter Minchin who was excellent and got us the deal we were looking for.

We've gone for Blackberry 150 DSG with a couple of options. We are so so excited! It's even going to be used for our honeymoon in September 2017. Hopefully it arrives before the tax changes in April.

Now what goodies can we buy for it!!

How exciting. I ordered mine months before I discovered the forum by accident.
If I can offer any advice it would be to use the forum as much as you can before it arrives.
Wowzers to you using for a honeymoon. I'd usually say send the pics... but in this case, please don't :talktothehand:oops::Nailbiting

We've been looking at Cali's and conversions for a while now. We spoke to a couple of different dealers over the past couple of weeks and, today, took a trip today to Guildford VW Van Centre. Spoke to Peter Minchin who was excellent and got us the deal we were looking for.

We've gone for Blackberry 150 DSG with a couple of options. We are so so excited! It's even going to be used for our honeymoon in September 2017. Hopefully it arrives before the tax changes in April.

Now what goodies can we buy for it!!
We bought our van through exactly the same route (dealer/salesman) - Peter knows his stuff. Our van was delivered with defects but they did not hesitate in offering to get things sorted. They did take their time and comms were not great but they got there in the end. Like you say, I think they offer a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome , great stuff DSG drives smoothly.
As for goodies , all depends on personal needs .
Don't by to much in advance , read peoples experience on here and go to a small meet to look at things before buying stuff.

Thanks for your comments. It's going to feel like a long 6 months wait!!

Does anybody have a picture of the standard (non multifunction) steering wheel. I'm not too fussed about the buttons but don't want it to look and feel like the one in the Transporter, which is like a cheap plasticky rubber material.

IMG_0815.JPG

Here you go. Standard leather steering wheel. Nice gloss black spokes. I must be one of a very few who didn't go for the MFSW option as I decided to spend my limited resources on sat nav and onyx white paint. My theory was I could reach across 2ft to turn up the music if I was that bothered. In the end I don't miss having A MFSW. And it doesn't look cheap IMHO.

I also have to turn on the lights when it gets dark too! Usually this is only needs doing once. I don't have to change gear though as I ordered the DSG. And this is something that I don't need to do 100's times on a journey. Seemed like a good deal to me! :)

That's great thank you for posting that. Yeah I'm thinking the same... it's not far to turn up the volume. I'll pretend it's like a 911 GT3 RS. They don't have buttons on the steering wheel either! I can concentrate on getting the best lap time!!

Well our California has arrived at the dealer today! Hopefully we will be able to pick it up next week. We are just in negotiation on the trade in value for our Volvo XC60. I will put some pictures up when it arrives.

Great stuff , exiting times!

Well our California has arrived at the dealer today! Hopefully we will be able to pick it up next week. We are just in negotiation on the trade in value for our Volvo XC60. I will put some pictures up when it arrives.
Hi Shaun G. Did you choose many options? I ordered end of September and as yet not even a build date. I do have quite a long list of options though. I wonder if that delays production.

Great stuff, enjoy it! We had a right stress the last week or so before getting our Cali trying to get a decent PX/trade value for our Merc A180 - was so happy when the dealer ended up giving us the best price, nice easy drive in drive out!

Hi Shaun G. Did you choose many options? I ordered end of September and as yet not even a build date. I do have quite a long list of options though. I wonder if that delays production.

We ordered metallic paint, cruise control, DSG, shower attachment and that's about it. We were originally told March and then it came forward. We've been very lucky. I've read many stories of big delays and really feel for those people. We still have to go and check it has the options we ordered so we aren't "counting our chickens" just yet.

Great stuff, enjoy it! We had a right stress the last week or so before getting our Cali trying to get a decent PX/trade value for our Merc A180 - was so happy when the dealer ended up giving us the best price, nice easy drive in drive out!

Yeah our dealer is about a £1000 off what we were expecting at initial talks when we ordered. Very frustrating. It's really soured the whole deal unfortunately!

I waited nine weeks before I got a Provisional Build Date and then a further eight before that was confirmed.

Excellent! Hope you get the right deal for the XC60. A bit of brinkmanship going on?
Look forward to your pics :thumb

Well today has been a horrible experience. VW have changed their mind on the valuation on our Volvo again. They keep dropping it every time I talk to them. I've had to discuss pulling out of the deal. They have been absolutely horrendous! They have never returned calls and they are totally going back on their word!

I've got to the point today where I genuinely wish I had ordered a different vehicle. Should have stuck with the Porsche I had my eye on! Not sure our Duvalay would've fit though!!

The dealer general manager said he is going to see what he can do!

Sorry for the rant. Beers have helped though!

Well today has been a horrible experience. VW have changed their mind on the valuation on our Volvo again. They keep dropping it every time I talk to them. I've had to discuss pulling out of the deal. They have been absolutely horrendous! They have never returned calls and they are totally going back on their word!

I've got to the point today where I genuinely wish I had ordered a different vehicle. Should have stuck with the Porsche I had my eye on! Not sure our Duvalay would've fit though!!

The dealer general manager said he is going to see what he can do!

Sorry for the rant. Beers have helped though!

Oh thats awful, sorry to hear that. I had a similar issue a few years ago with a well known VW Camper franchise dealer, its not funny :( especially when they tell you the day before collection!! I ended up having to swallow it in the end, I was so upset and angry about it, it still hurts! And, it took the edge off the new one, although that soon disappeared once I drove it home :thumb

Keep the faith, it will work out in the end. Dare I mention any webuyanycar.com....?? Might be worth a punt.

It's so frustrating when you know damn well they’ve got you by the short and curlies given how many customers are behind you in the queue, just circling like vultures waiting for that elusive cancelled order. I feel your pain.

Do you have any valuations from them in writing? I’m no doubt suggesting things you’ve already considered, sorry! Just trying to help really. I hope you get it sorted. ;)

When I read that you'd had an awful experience I thought you were going to say your van was delivered with non rotating seats or no 4 motion when you'd ordered it. Take comfort in the knowledge that your van came early and you are not paying the increased VED, considering you only ordered in September. You got a good deal with your dealer. I tried VW Guildford but they woould not entertain a decent discount. Unless he has now knocked you down by £3000 or more I would try to put it behind you. Over the lifetime of ownership the difference won't be that significant. Is it worth advertising your car privately this weekend? I think you can ask them to hold the van for a couple of weeks especially as they have moved the goalposts. Also you could try a Skoda dealer in Botley who guarantees to give you more than WBAC.com. Good luck. I look forward to seeing your California around Southampton.

When I read that you'd had an awful experience I thought you were going to say your van was delivered with non rotating seats or no 4 motion when you'd ordered it. Take comfort in the knowledge that your van came early and you are not paying the increased VED, considering you only ordered in September. You got a good deal with your dealer. I tried VW Guildford but they woould not entertain a decent discount. Unless he has now knocked you down by £3000 or more I would try to put it behind you. Over the lifetime of ownership the difference won't be that significant. Is it worth advertising your car privately this weekend? I think you can ask them to hold the van for a couple of weeks especially as they have moved the goalposts. Also you could try a Skoda dealer in Botley who guarantees to give you more than WBAC.com. Good luck. I look forward to seeing your California around Southampton.

They have knocked us down by £2000 so to just go and find that extra isn't easy for us when we have a wedding to pay for this year. I don't have that cash down the side of the sofa!

I didn't know about Botley. I will have a look into that. I'm sure we will get it sorted. It's just yet another totally rubbish experience with a dealership despite spending a hell of a lot of money