Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fire Extinguisher Models

H

HamishEeyore

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Has anyone found a fire extinguisher, for which you can share the make and model, which fits in the Cali Ocean T6 drop-down compartment which is central below the dash? I think it is designed to take a bottle. Any pointers gratefully received.

Has anyone found a fire extinguisher, for which you can share the make and model, which fits in the Cali Ocean T6 drop-down compartment which is central below the dash? I think it is designed to take a bottle. Any pointers gratefully received.

I’ve got this one.

Doesn’t answer your question but I’ll try it next time I’m in the Cali.

For what it’s worth this one sits neatly in the drivers seat pocket, not the door. Handy inside and if it’s required outside with a BBQ or similar. Problem with central dash is that it could be difficult to get at quickly with seats swivelled and forward.

Mike

I’ve got this one.

Doesn’t answer your question but I’ll try it next time I’m in the Cali.

For what it’s worth this one sits neatly in the drivers seat pocket, not the door. Handy inside and if it’s required outside with a BBQ or similar. Problem with central dash is that it could be difficult to get at quickly with seats swivelled and forward.

Mike
Thank you. It’s quite challenging to find a place where it is secure (so not a deadly missile in the event of a crash) and somewhere where it is easily accessible when needed immediately. Thanks for offering to try it in the space Mike.

9761A146-6765-4067-AA43-37F887900901.jpeg
Halfords ( from memory )fits a treat

08ADF854-AAEE-4158-A307-455FB425ADCB.jpeg

Just out of interest.
I have a fire extinguisher and had one in our touring caravan for 20 years prior to moving into camper 8 years ago.
But...... has anyone ever had to use one? Not so sure I’d want to be near a van that’s on fire.

Just out of interest.
I have a fire extinguisher and had one in our touring caravan for 20 years prior to moving into camper 8 years ago.
But...... has anyone ever had to use one? Not so sure I’d want to be near a van that’s on fire.

agreed and I think I’d be letting the insurance deal with it. But My brother in law saved his splitty by having one onboard when it caught fire. still needed the fire brigade but they suggested it would have been a write off if he hadn’t acted promptly
I think I’d sooner be looking at one as for one

A friend of mine with 30 years in the fire service states anything less than 2KG is (not his exact words) is useless.

On the mainland every car is deliverd with one .
And they (should) check it when doing the annual MOT (as you call it) , here in Belgium.
A 2kg extinguisher came with my Cali .
I added a fire blanket the lives in the backrest pocket of the right hand seat.
And a small foam extinguisher added next to the sinkunit

Someone with more knowledge can correct me but AFAIK dry powder extinguishers are on the way out now, because they can incapacitate someone in a small space eg in cabin of a vehicle. In fact, Motorsport UK now bans it for in-vehicle extinguishers, you have to have AFFF foam or ZERO2000 instead, 1.75kg minimum.

If you already have a powder extinguisher I would probably keep it as it'll be better than not having one and you can still use it from outside (eg on an engine fire), but if buying a new one better to go for AFFF I think. You'll find it hard to make room for a 1.75 or 2kg bottle so will probably need to compromise to something a bit smaller for the Cali.

Please can someone with expertise check this though.

Back