Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First big trip away!

Chunkymunky

Chunkymunky

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
all
Just returned from my first proper trip away to France and was very happy. Van performed admirably during a very hot week fishing in the champagne region! Bit of a lengthy post and was unsure if best place to post so mods feel free to move me please!
Van was excellent. 1100 miles without missing a beat. Ran loaded to the top with two of us and air con all the way 34mpg going and 32mpg returning ( beer? Wine ?). No issues had a great time other than a puncture repair stretching my GCSE french in Calais on way out. Weather beautiful , roads empty and felt really nice and safe in France. People lovely too - happy to answer any questions re quarantine / COVID travel to France if anyone wants to know ( I will of course avoid the politics....)
Couple of general points for some advice please!
- had a little bit of delamination/ separation of the roof awning seam ( due to hot weather?) and sags a bit over drivers door when fully extended. I’ve searched the fir and see this is a longer term issue and has had warranty repairs- now alas out of warranty. Anyone had any experience of repair ? It’s duct taped up about three inches at present ?
- external solar panel was linked to rear leisure via Anderson connectors ( thanks welsh gas !) Only means of checking voltage etc being the internal control panel - the battery percentage continued to drop through usage but then came back up after literally a minute of engine running- noted voltage dropped as fridge was drawing Amps, but battery voltage remained stable - at about 12.4 v when sunny and connected. Anyone got any better solutions for measuring/ checking if battery is actually being charged by the panel? I ran the fridge and dc sockets all week and didn’t kill it so presume it was actually charging!
- I had van serviced before going away and had DLR replaced. Bulb warning light came on after 200 miles and sure enough it’s gone again! Anything I should be considering other than a dirty / faulty bulb replacement?
- anyone any good ( cheap!) suggestions for mozzie netting the front windows and side door? Used air safe for boot but side windows with vw magnetic strips blinds were a bit of an entry point - as was side door obviously !

A4FB3898-45B1-47EA-AFFB-6A758FBE6154.jpeg

3FC37A6C-DD93-4B0E-B224-1300131E261A.jpeg