Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First campervan

T

Theaggregator

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Hi, been following threads for some time and have learnt so much. Thanks to everyone. We off to complete purchase of our first campervan this weekend. Having talked about the open road and looked at vans with envy for several years, we finally rented an almost new T6 Cali in June and enjoyed a fabulous week in the Jura region of France. The only problem was the size of the deposit against damage, which was a constant worry. So we decided to buy. By chance a friend of a friend is selling a Westfalia California Event (LHD, 2002, Blue, 2.5 TDI, 150bps, 85,000 miles) and it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. Thinking about importing it to France where we live for a good half of the year but need to check insurance rates especially having lost over 10% on exchange rate since Brexit vote. Looking forward to asking a few questions initially and hopefully contributing more in long run.

Hi there I would love to see a picture of your Cali:thumb

Hi and welcome , can i ask in what region in France you are...
A LHD seems a good option !

A late 150 T4 Westy is about as good as it gets! Looking forward to the pics.

Just turning the corner to be an appreciating classic. Smart choice.

Alsace, not many Brits in this part of France

Me not Britisch eighter , from Belgium :D
We go to France few times a year as my brother in law lives near the Mont Ventoux..

Hi, been following threads for some time and have learnt so much. Thanks to everyone. We off to complete purchase of our first campervan this weekend. Having talked about the open road and looked at vans with envy for several years, we finally rented an almost new T6 Cali in June and enjoyed a fabulous week in the Jura region of France. The only problem was the size of the deposit against damage, which was a constant worry. So we decided to buy. By chance a friend of a friend is selling a Westfalia California Event (LHD, 2002, Blue, 2.5 TDI, 150bps, 85,000 miles) and it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. Thinking about importing it to France where we live for a good half of the year but need to check insurance rates especially having lost over 10% on exchange rate since Brexit vote. Looking forward to asking a few questions initially and hopefully contributing more in long run.
If you decide against it. Give me a shout.

Sounds great! Welcome to the forum :thumb

Hi, I have one that I've had for a year & a half & it's been brilliant. Excellent build quality with a modern drive. I gulped at spending the money initially but don't regret it at all. Good luck with it. I will be going to France for 3 weeks in it in a couple of weeks time & can't wait

Cali now back on mainland Europe, soon to be imported into France. A lovely drive through the Ardennes was a good opportunity to understand how everything works. A delight to drive once I got used to the width and using the wing mirrors for reversing and parking (not my strength, but learning fast.) Bed v comfortable, raised roof gives great feeling of space, fridge kept everything very cold and so far leisure battery coping well. Just need to understand how the security system works. Here a few shots - remarkably good bodywork and interior considering 14 years old

20160801_071646.jpg 20160801_071546.jpg 20160801_071511.jpg