Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First Day Out

altvic

altvic

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
FirstSetUp.jpeg
Our new Ocean van arrived Monday and after some hesitation we arrived at a small campsite in Llangollen town on the banks of canal tow path (Pen Ddol). Rather novel experience as first ever camper, first ever auto gearbox, first camp but not first pasta!.

Got the van from lovely man, Guy, at Preston VW Commercial. It was a demo with 60 miles on that came off the factory line April 24th and all seems well apart from the little torch at the back of the driver seat - works when plugged in but not when taken out! It has had plenty of time to charge so thinking there is a charging issue or the torch is goosed!

We cycled 4.5 miles down the canal tow path to Telfords aqueduct in Pontcysyllte and back - easy ride. Home tomorrow but plans for France / Belgium.

TkgItEasy.jpg FirstMeal.JPG

There's a really nice circular walk round the town, goes past the Abbey, waterfalls & castle.

Welcome on board , you need to invest in a longer hook-up cable so it seems ....

Love the two tone colours, very smart.

Colour was a 'special' for Lancashire VW said Guy. A caravaner camper 'next door' came over to admire and said he and partner were thinking of leaving the 30 + years of caravanning and going for a VW camper van.
On the way back I noticed that their was a marked pull to left on a straight road section. I suspect a tracking visit to a garage but this may not be as straightforward as it appears due to the adaptive cruise control. Also noticed that the curtesy lights at base of front seats are not working - connected to faulty torch mentioned before, me thinks. A few issues with expensive vehicles!

Called in to Winfields Camper shop in Sealand Road outside Chester to purchase a collapsible kettle, colander and bowl - essentials after our first night away. We also used an Ikea bag to store double duvet and two pillows. Great bargain for a few quid. But got to put a halt on the spends!

Nice post and photos. Though it looks like you caught the sun bad over the weekend?:)

View attachment 25488
Our new Ocean van arrived Monday and after some hesitation we arrived at a small campsite in Llangollen town on the banks of canal tow path (Pen Ddol). Rather novel experience as first ever camper, first ever auto gearbox, first camp but not first pasta!.

Got the van from lovely man, Guy, at Preston VW Commercial. It was a demo with 60 miles on that came off the factory line April 24th and all seems well apart from the little torch at the back of the driver seat - works when plugged in but not when taken out! It has had plenty of time to charge so thinking there is a charging issue or the torch is goosed!

We cycled 4.5 miles down the canal tow path to Telfords aqueduct in Pontcysyllte and back - easy ride. Home tomorrow but plans for France / Belgium.

View attachment 25489 View attachment 25490
fabulous and great pictures!

file:///var/folders/8s/1s68nmgn72b11xd_jnvsnz6r0000gn/T/IMG_0953.jpg
file:///var/folders/8s/1s68nmgn72b11xd_jnvsnz6r0000gn/T/IMG_0954.jpg
Couple of other pics I forgot to paste in. One is at night all costed up and a pic of the Ikea bag for bedding as previously mentioned.
I made the hook-up cable from ScrewFix bits and bobs - two 10 metre cables; I am hoping 20 metres will be enough but up to 30m with another extension would, I hope, reach to most connections. The blue 3 core cable stays flexible in cold conditions. Cost about £6.00 for each connection. I also wired up a 20 amp fused connection in the garage where the van resides in dark solitude until it is released onto the road again.
Unfortunately this first trip will be to a VW shop in Llandudno Junction or Preston. I have emailed VW folk about the steering drift and curtesy light issues but no reply as yet. Hmm.

Back