Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First holidays in the hired California Ocean

erik.godderis

erik.godderis

Vehicle
Looking to buy
First tour in the hired California Ocean.
We love to travel, and i love to take pictures. Only at age of 64 on the motorbike (BMW R1150GS ) it's starting to get heavy for me and the passenger.
So we were looking for a alternative. The California is fantastic. So we ordered one. (Delivery end May, begin June)
Here are the pictures. All GEOTAGGED. If you click on de "INFO" button you can see the exact location on Google maps where the picture is taken.
Thanks for looking.
Pyrenees in France and Spain.

Some stunning pics there. A good practice run for when your Cali arrives.

I also tour on a motorcycle and am considering towing the GS behind the Cali, as some roads are better enjoyed on a motorcycle. Just thinking about it. Not done it yet.

First tour in the hired California Ocean.
We love to travel, and i love to take pictures. Only at age of 64 on the motorbike (BMW R1150GS ) it's starting to get heavy for me and the passenger.
So we were looking for a alternative. The California is fantastic. So we ordered one. (Delivery end May, begin June)
Here are the pictures. All GEOTAGGED. If you click on de "INFO" button you can see the exact location on Google maps where the picture is taken.
Thanks for looking.
Pyrenees in France and Spain.
My sentiment entirely. We toured on my Hayabusa for 15 years and found it was just getting a bit much. I have owned bikes since I was 16 but getting wet for hours on end becomes less of a joy as you get older.
Bought the van 7 years ago and although it has its limitations you can stop anywhere (almost) .
We take bikes on a rear rack with us and find this suits our needs perfectly.
We joined ACSI camping card which costs us about 25€ a year and with the app and books it’s worth every penny for off season camping.

When I see the boys out on their bikes I get a bit jealous but as they say “ Been there, Done that” and don’t get wet any longer.
Good luck and happy travels..

Great photos and an excellent introduction to the area thank you. Hope you have a great summer !!

Back