first night away

• Thread starter inthemidnighthour
  • Start date
inthemidnighthour

inthemidnighthour

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199
after our first meal 2 weekends ago we braved the cold and headed for Manor Farm at West Runton Norfolk last friday to a familiar campsite we have used many a time ( in a tent ) to test out as much as we could on the new cali,before we venture further.The site was empty apart from 3 caravans 1 other calis and a vw conversion.I choose this site as sometimes it can be very windy as the wind blows straight from the nearby sea so much so that one night in our tent i spent most of the night in and out tightening guyropes,
I am pleased to report everything worked extremely well even if we did get rather too hot and had to turn the heater down !
Must admit wasnt too comfortable on the downstairs bed so now researching mattress toppers.

Apologies to the green cali we parked next to as didnt get a chance to say hello before you left.

dave and lisa

Glad that you had a great adventure.
Whilst my skin is not as tender as the story of the Princess and the Pea, I think that For us a mattress topper will be an essential accessory. Don't forget that there is a Member's offer on the Taylormade one. You can find more info here:-
http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=1019

Did you also use the upstairs bed?

Back