Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First night out under the stars

G

gateway77

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Had our first night under the stars in our new van last night at lovely spot near Porlock.

Many thanks to all the members who post on here - for the many useful tips that we've been reading up on for the last few months.

Really delighted with our Ocean - 204 4 Motion. The adventure begins here!

View media item 1404

Wonderful picture!

As the saying goes “ A picture paints a thousand words” and that photograph certainly paints it. “California Dreaming” - anyone who sees it and is hesitating about buying a California will be rushing down to the dealers to place their order.

I did think at first reading that John Towers’s reply to this wonderful posting was a bit miserable, but I think he's got a point. Maybe the fire is not too near, but I certainly wouldn't leave the awning up because Sods Law will come into play and a spark will land on it and leave a nice hole.

Why do we use the expression a “nice hole” it would be a nasty hole and certainly would be a reminder for ever more. Perhaps the awning was put up for this photo shoot.

This is what California memories are made of!

Wonderful picture!

As the saying goes “ A picture paints a thousand words” and that photograph certainly paints it. “California Dreaming” - anyone who sees it and is hesitating about buying a California will be rushing down to the dealers to place their order.

I did think at first reading that John Towers’s reply to this wonderful posting was a bit miserable, but I think he's got a point. Maybe the fire is not too near, but I certainly wouldn't leave the awning up because Sods Law will come into play and a spark will land on it and leave a nice hole.

Why do we use the expression a “nice hole” it would be a nasty hole and certainly would be a reminder for ever more. Perhaps the awning was put up for this photo shoot.

This is what California memories are made of!

Hi Susbus - just to reassure you and JT the fire wasn't really that close, or as big as it looks. More a perspective of the wide angle lens and the angle I was at to take the shot. Also the wind was blowing away from the van. My wife as a teenager in Manchester spent a training week with a brigade of firefighters - and ever since is fire safety mad!
:thumb

Back