Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First nights - stories, pics

Bramco

Bramco

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Thought I'd start a new thread to capture first night experiences if anyone else is interested in sharing.

We took delivery a couple of weeks ago and our first trip was to the South West (one of our sons lives in Plymouth and the other was visiting so a great opportunity).

Set off last Wednesday and because we were a bit late getting off we had booked into a CC CL at Manor Farm, Bridgwater. Great location for breaking the journey from the north down to the SW.

This is a great site and the owner Pam is really nice. 5 pitches in a huge field all with hookup, decent enough showers and even a little shop for any forgotten items. Oh! And the freshest eggs we've had in years.

Anyway as I backed the van up to the hookup I thought I'll go alongside and promptly felt the back wheels drop a bit. Van nice and level but...... the back wheels had dropped slightly into the trench that had been dug for the electric cables. As it was already getting dark we decided to leave things until the morning. The photo below is from the morning.

We had a great night, heater worked fine and I'd highly recommend this site for anyone wanting to break their journey to the SW. We also stayed at two other great sites, Ayr in St Ives overlooking the beach and walking distance to the town, brand new facilities and Riverside in Plymouth where I saw some deer while taking an early morning constitutional and also really close to town.

Anyway here are the pics

Ours came with the tractor option!!!!

9kp5hz.jpg

View from the Ayr site at breakfast. Great flat pitch.

35kkbp2.jpg

Good thread and write up Bramco.

Will also be looking for somewhere special for our first night out in the SW.

Like the tractor option :goodone

Back