Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First overnighter....

I

Iain&Shani

VIP Member
It seems to have taken an age but 2 months, almost to the day and 1000 miles later, we have had our first overnighter......and boy are we happy!!

We chose to stay at http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=11505 so we could tie in with seeing Shani's dad. I've reviewed the site, which has potential, on the ukcampsite pages. So I won't talk about that here.
Whilst we have caravanned before we were slighty nervous at setting up the Cali, particularly sticking the "Cosi" on as it came with no instructions. I think we managed it although it was a bit of guesswork. I has seen a youtube clip in here about putting covers on the roof which was really useful. Once that was up it was just a case of working out where stuff should go and more to the point where it shoudn't!!
It was very satisfying to sit bathed in sunshine with a cuppa ( there was going to be plenty beer later so no rush!!).
We elected to sleep "downstairs" as it seemed the easier option after said pub visit. We have Duvalays and once we had worked out how best to pair them up I have to say it was really snug. The Duvalay pillows though weren't as great as the price suggested! We may change those!!

We weren't able to stay on site long as we had to visit shani's dad so we had to take the Cosi off wet. We did air it later and its away dry. Again getting it off was pretty straightforward and I can see how it could be done without laying it on the ground.

All in all... a great experience, but I guess y'all knew that!!

Iain

Interesting reading! Do the very same thing this weekend!

Slightly cheating and staying on my wife's grandparents field (5 acres in Rock) but it's a few hundred yards from the house so not quite "in their garden!"

Pleased to here you boys are using them at last :thumb :thumb :thumb

Back