Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First time away.

Bigfish6969uk

Bigfish6969uk

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
6D22987F-D5F1-40B6-B351-69D65F261FB0.jpeg 7D4FB131-A8BD-4639-B431-39E12F0F169B.jpeg D0126BE4-3A10-4C9E-98CD-95A0E81D5CD2.jpeg Had Bert beginning of December and managed our first week away this week. Took advice of forum members and everything is sweet. The awning the wife made makes a massive difference to our floor space. Cali topper is perfect, Ridge monkey defo needed and fridge superb. The night heater is a godsend as Welsh weather in March can be unpredictable.

Looks like a great setup you've got there.

Your wife made the awning? More info required!!
Sorry for the delayed reply....Any info required on awning just ask away, my wife sourced all the items required to death so we got exactly the best quality we could but kept the price down....had enough material left to make the skirt for the van and bags to store it in too, all for approx £120.00. Just throw in a missus and a sewing machine and job done

Yes that corner 'shelf' bit is ideal for a beer or wine bottle. Right up to the point when, having consumed most (but crucially, not all) the contents, then you pull down the bed...

Been there.

Fantastic. I hope that you have many happy adventures in Bert. Your wife has done a great job on that awning. Don't forget to drop one corner before you retire for the night otherwise you may find out just how good the awning is as a water collection facility. We had very heavy rain during the night once and I couldn't be bothered to get up to make this necessary adjustment, having forgotten before going to bed. Fortunately it didn't cause any damage but that was just luck in our case as some people have had their awning mechanism damaged by the sheer weight of rain water within.
On that occasion we had gallons of water in the awning material, so much in fact that we had to crouch down to get under it before escaping from the attached awning room. When I lowered the leg to release it, the weight of water instantly collapsed the leg fully. Less than a nano second later I was overcome by a very fast moving ice cold tsunami. To say it was an invigorating start to the day is an understatement.

Fantastic. I hope that you have many happy adventures in Bert. Your wife has done a great job on that awning. Don't forget to drop one corner before you retire for the night otherwise you may find out just how good the awning is as a water collection facility. We had very heavy rain during the night once and I couldn't be bothered to get up to make this necessary adjustment, having forgotten before going to bed. Fortunately it didn't cause any damage but that was just luck in our case as some people have had their awning mechanism damaged by the sheer weight of rain water within.
On that occasion we had gallons of water in the awning material, so much in fact that we had to crouch down to get under it before escaping from the attached awning room. When I lowered the leg to release it, the weight of water instantly collapsed the leg fully. Less than a nano second later I was overcome by a very fast moving ice cold tsunami. To say it was an invigorating start to the day is an understatement.

Ha ha Borris, we had a huge amount of rain near Caernarvon on Monday night and did exactly the same thing. Bloody cold water all over us.