Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First trip post lockdown

• Thread starter Ian on the road
  • Start date
I've Booked on a site on Anglesey 13 April Kayaking Windsurfing Mountain biking then throughout the year plus Cropredy Festival and hoping for Scotland :cheers

We’re staying at Atlantic Horizons, Eastcott, Cornwall from the 12th for a week. Should be interesting and likely need to be self-contained. Fingers crossed for good weather and an awning showing up in time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

June 10th
All the crowds head to St Ives like always, always crowded
with emmets.
We've got a cunning plan, nice and quiet and some sneaky trouble
free camping. Carbis Bay, just around the corner. I can't wait, its gonna be
ace.
Bang a few Rattlers down in the hotel bar and snooze on their carpark, the Cali
fits in and doesn't look out of place so its proper stealth stuff.

June 10th
with emmets.
ace.
Are you in Germany or UK now?

June 10th
with emmets.
ace.
Think you might find you are sharing Carbis Bay with a few others...

Just booked an overnight in April at a lovely pub campsite in Somerset. We are heading over to look at shepherd's huts as a possible garden office for my husband. Only one night but can't wait!

Just booked an overnight in April at a lovely pub campsite in Somerset. We are heading over to look at shepherd's huts as a possible garden office for my husband. Only one night but can't wait!

Not the Black bird at Monckton Heathfield by chance?

My old stomping ground :)

Not the Black bird at Monckton Heathfield by chance?

My old stomping ground :)
The Mason's Arms in Odcombe actually. I'm always looking for places that do Gluten Free food, as my daughter has coeliac disease, and they have lots of options for her. Means I can have a night off cooking ;)

The Mason's Arms in Odcombe actually. I'm always looking for places that do Gluten Free food, as my daughter has coeliac disease, and they have lots of options for her. Means I can have a night off cooking ;)

Oh, other end of Somerset, rather close to Yeovil, oh what a shame, I was going to give you a mini itinerary of things to visit whilst looking at shepherds and their huts, culminating in the Alfred Jewel at St Bartholomews, East Lyng.

Best wishes to your daughter, I'm a dab hand now at avoiding Gluten due to a family member, my next door neighbour and my vicar all having the same problem. It seemed at one point that everyone I was cooking for would specify gluten-free.

Good food, cracking breakfast.

Oh, other end of Somerset, rather close to Yeovil, oh what a shame, I was going to give you a mini itinerary of things to visit whilst looking at shepherds and their huts, culminating in the Alfred Jewel at St Bartholomews, East Lyng.

Best wishes to your daughter, I'm a dab hand now at avoiding Gluten due to a family member, my next door neighbour and my vicar all having the same problem. It seemed at one point that everyone I was cooking for would specify gluten-free.
Well we love that part of the world, so I might just pick your brains for another trip!

Coeliac is very common; 1-2% in Uk but they estimate only 25% have been diagnosed. I think our GP thought I was being the 'overprotective GP mum' when I took my daughter in to ask for her to be tested, so she wrote me a very lovely letter when we got the results that confirmed it. Sophie's back to normal now and full of energy...perhaps too much! ;)

Well we love that part of the world, so I might just pick your brains for another trip!

Coeliac is very common; 1-2% in Uk but they estimate only 25% have been diagnosed. I think our GP thought I was being the 'overprotective GP mum' when I took my daughter in to ask for her to be tested, so she wrote me a very lovely letter when we got the results that confirmed it. Sophie's back to normal now and full of energy...perhaps too much! ;)

I used to live in a small quantock village but of course being an historian Taunton and Sedgemoor have a particular interest. Poor old Monmouth, got a rough deal as did all those hauled before Judge Jeffries at Taunton Castle, but then it did indirectly lead to the 1689 bill of rights. An earlier era of course and the Somerset levels where Alfred baked some gluten filled but rather charred cakes is also fascinating.

Where are we all going once we can travel, stay and start to get any semblance of normality?

Apart from the local stuff as soon as we can, we’re off to Cornwall on the 12th. Hoping this place is as good as the photos suggest.

We are allegedly going to:

Red Shoot in the New Forest May half term.
Camperjam start of July (doubt it).
Moreton C&CC in Dorset for a few days staying in a safari tent end July (start of school hols).
Farmfest in Somerset end of July (double doubt it).
Haw Wood Farm Suffolk end of August

Maybe a few others (Burnbake or Riverside Lakes) if they have any space left (unlikely!)

CANNOT WAIT

First trip in 2 years with caravan although I have been away with just the van. The van is great for towing. We were very impressed with this site at St Neots where they allowed us to park such that we could use the van awning between the van and caravan.

van and caravan.jpg