Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First weekend away

Mark C

Mark C

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Having had our 680 since early March had our first long weekend away in the New Forest last weekend. The van was everything we hoped it would be and I found it very smooth to drive especially with auto cruise control. We were off grid all weekend first night battery dropped from 100% to 60% overnight with only the fridge running and a phone charging, second night again battery at 100% from solar panel this night I put night mode on the fridge and next morning battery at 90%. Diesel heating was fab very quick to warm up and quiet as well. pleased to report no problems with water pumps and hot water was good all weekend so hopefully problems on early models now sorted.

overall our experience was everything we hoped it would be with only two points to discuss with the dealer this week, the leveller on one of the table legs was missing and on the sliding door their appears to be a small gap at the top back of the door, isn’t causing a problem but one of those now I’ve noticed it I need to report it moments!

final thought is internal table felt a little too large for the space so any suggestions/ thoughts on trimming it down would be appreciated.

Mark..

Having had our 680 since early March had our first long weekend away in the New Forest last weekend. The van was everything we hoped it would be and I found it very smooth to drive especially with auto cruise control. We were off grid all weekend first night battery dropped from 100% to 60% overnight with only the fridge running and a phone charging, second night again battery at 100% from solar panel this night I put night mode on the fridge and next morning battery at 90%. Diesel heating was fab very quick to warm up and quiet as well. pleased to report no problems with water pumps and hot water was good all weekend so hopefully problems on early models now sorted.

overall our experience was everything we hoped it would be with only two points to discuss with the dealer this week, the leveller on one of the table legs was missing and on the sliding door their appears to be a small gap at the top back of the door, isn’t causing a problem but one of those now I’ve noticed it I need to report it moments!

final thought is internal table felt a little too large for the space so any suggestions/ thoughts on trimming it down would be appreciated.

Mark..
Great write up. Thanks. There is only one levelling screw on the table. One is all you need.

Ahh ok that’s for letting me know

Hi Mark,
i agree with you re the table and it makes it awkward moving from the front seat to the back area.
it is probably easier to order a a new table top and adjustable leg than cut up the original.

if you take a look on eBay at a company called Clearcut Campervans they do various table tops in various colours etc. They also do a Reimo adjustable leg, you then just need to screw them together yourself. For the attachment to the wall rail remove the additional brackets from the outside table fitted in the back door and fit to the new table top. Personally I’ve gone for a grey table top 400mm x 800mm which I think will suit our needs and make a difference. Total cost £73 and some assembly time. Alternatively a German Company called Calicap do one about £270 but I’m not sure they will post to you or not. If you have access to a 3D printer there is also a file for manufacturing the brackets for fitting onto the table top and into the wall rail.
hope this helps.

That’s great thankyou for advice I will check them out.

Hi Mark,
i agree with you re the table and it makes it awkward moving from the front seat to the back area.
it is probably easier to order a a new table top and adjustable leg than cut up the original.

if you take a look on eBay at a company called Clearcut Campervans they do various table tops in various colours etc. They also do a Reimo adjustable leg, you then just need to screw them together yourself. For the attachment to the wall rail remove the additional brackets from the outside table fitted in the back door and fit to the new table top. Personally I’ve gone for a grey table top 400mm x 800mm which I think will suit our needs and make a difference. Total cost £73 and some assembly time. Alternatively a German Company called Calicap do one about £270 but I’m not sure they will post to you or not. If you have access to a 3D printer there is also a file for manufacturing the brackets for fitting onto the table top and into the wall rail.
hope this helps.
Had the same problem with my joker, ordered table top from clear cut, leave it up all the time (dog likes it). Size 300x500

905D9C45-9B0B-4833-991C-88A580FBC2D3.jpeg

Thanks and Great picture

Had the same problem with my joker, ordered table top from clear cut, leave it up all the time (dog likes it). Size 300x500

View attachment 77162
Do you leave it up when driving? Is it secure enough to stay in place or does the leg need securing to the floor to stop it flying off under braking. I’ve made a small table that fits in the wardrobe but I like the idea of an even smaller one like this that could be left up all the time.
lovely dog by the way!

Yep.
Did fit a folding leg as was going to stash it away, but it’s so handy up all the time and doesn’t get in the way.
Table top just clips on the top of metal rail with two screw heads (very basic but does the top perfectly). Cost about £45 all together.

D1D0515F-A354-4FE9-BD6D-32916B1CACC8.jpeg

A55DEC54-2A48-4D23-9B34-9C80DF9D45C5.jpeg

Mark..
Hola, para el tema de la mesa más pequeña, yo he optado por tiras de belcro adhesivas. Y una pata estándar del leroy y Merlín. Y con el sobrante de la tabla he añadido una tabla auxiliar para poder trabajar mejor en cocina.

915C1FA7-4C00-4E40-9576-F8794D86FCC9.jpeg

3374BA05-E971-49E1-BA09-A5752594C668.jpeg

D1A05901-804C-4B7B-B06D-87355DB91E92.jpeg

84C5DD12-B6CA-44A3-9F30-FBADF095C6A6.jpeg

que se ve genial Zarpas le diste nsme si empresa a la que ordenó.

Gracias

These tables are all great sizes, thank you all for sharing

Back