Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fishing sites or places

Carryoncamper

Carryoncamper

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi I am bit of a fisherman so can anyone recommend campsites or places where it is possible to park up your van so you are on the lake or river and able to fish from it ?
I do not mean out of the window ;) but so you would be able to be close to your rods by the van.

I don't fish and I realise that this type of place might not be your type of fishing but I stayed here a few weeks ago - good warm, clean facilities and a great pub 5 mins walk away (if you don't want to use the on-site cafe/bar).

http://www.sumnersponds.co.uk

I’ll second this one, some decent carp as well.
I was in a tent as pre-Cali but lots of vans there.

White boilies were doing the business when I was there.

Hi I am bit of a fisherman so can anyone recommend campsites or places where it is possible to park up your van so you are on the lake or river and able to fish from it ?
I do not mean out of the window ;) but so you would be able to be close to your rods by the van.
Saltgrass Lane is a free wild camping site between Keyhaven and Milford in Hampshire. Beach fishing across road/spit. The only wrinkle would be to avoid parking there if high spring tides are forecast as the road becomes a trifle damp.

I don't fish and I realise that this type of place might not be your type of fishing but I stayed here a few weeks ago - good warm, clean facilities and a great pub 5 mins walk away (if you don't want to use the on-site cafe/bar).

http://www.sumnersponds.co.uk
I’ll second this one, some decent carp as well.
I was in a tent as pre-Cali but lots of vans there.

I dont think that you can park on the lake there though ?
Or can you ?

White boilies were doing the business when I was there.
Saltgrass Lane is a free wild camping site between Keyhaven and Milford in Hampshire. Beach fishing across road/spit. The only wrinkle would be to avoid parking there if high spring tides are forecast as the road becomes a trifle damp.

I like the sound of this place I would prefer to wild camp :thumb