Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

fishing venues where you can fish from a campervan

Carryoncamper

Carryoncamper

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hi does anyone know where there are sites or places where it is possible to fish from a campervan ?

I'm think you can camp and fish @Chertsey camping and caravan club site, the site backs on to the Thames :thumb

I'm think you can camp and fish @Chertsey camping and caravan club site, the site backs on to the Thames :thumb

Hi thanks for that I will have a look not far from me :thumb
I have spent a bit of time in Chertsey years ago good had some great times on the Thames there hopefully will have a few more there ;)

Depends on the type of fishing you do. I fly fish, and have seen people in vans parked up overnight next to the river in exmoor and enjoying a bit of wild trout fishing. F

The site in the centre of Woerden in the Netherlands. You'd need a pitch on the north side. Plenty of fishermen there but the Dutch do this a lot, so I'd expect lots of the sites in the west would have water very close - also lots of mosquitoes!!

Depends on the type of fishing you do. I fly fish, and have seen people in vans parked up overnight next to the river in exmoor and enjoying a bit of wild trout fishing. F

Hi thanks Frenchie I love all types of fishing coarse sea fly you name it ;)

I have found a good place course fishing and fly fishing comes with very high rating as well 9.5 :thumb and you can be right on the water
But quite a long way from you.

https://www.pitchup.com/campsites/England/East_Anglia/Norfolk/narborough/narborough-fisheries/

The site in the centre of Woerden in the Netherlands. You'd need a pitch on the north side. Plenty of fishermen there but the Dutch do this a lot, so I'd expect lots of the sites in the west would have water very close - also lots of mosquitoes!!

Hi thanks Bramco I may get over to Europe in the summer with a bit of luck

Henfold Lakes near Dorking Surrey is a campsite around the fishing lakes. We stayed one Feb half term on some if the Caravan Club pitches, we were right by the water (so near I wouldn't put the brake down to turn the drivers seat in case we ended up joining the ducks!). We weren't fishing though. There was also a clubhouse/bar which did food. Some facilities were closed because it was February so can't comment in the rest if it!

Henfold Lakes near Dorking Surrey is a campsite around the fishing lakes. We stayed one Feb half term on some if the Caravan Club pitches, we were right by the water (so near I wouldn't put the brake down to turn the drivers seat in case we ended up joining the ducks!). We weren't fishing though. There was also a clubhouse/bar which did food. Some facilities were closed because it was February so can't comment in the rest if it!

Hi thanks. But I just spoke to the people that run the lake and he said I would only be able to get within 30 to 60 yards of the lakes

I stopped fishing in the UK a few years back. I know the fishing lakes in France very well as I loved there for a time. You will find that the lakes are over stocked with farmed fish. The French kill all the fish they catch, and on most lakes they don't like it if you return the fish. That's not my way of fishing so these days I fish in Italy or sweden. Sweden is just great for fly fishing, both rover and salt water. F

Back