Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitted Calicap 810mm drawer - lots of photos...

Hi, it’s possible to go for slightly deeper niece but I like the flexibility to be able to slide in flat things eg pop up beach tent, beach goals etc.

15A8A89E-7EC4-4ECD-A566-D712FCF56C67.jpeg

A85E732B-F79E-411A-92F8-C80E264B9D14.jpeg

B97B1239-C8BF-4954-8908-10008F4C5EDF.jpeg

B9B3170F-BE3F-4216-B0A1-02E3CEC59675.jpeg

88457C4A-1C8A-4881-8F22-2D379D1B2D25.jpeg

Howiedog, wow that is really useful. Thanks for taking the photos and For the dimension detail. Funnily enough I purchased one this morning and have been looking at the crate options since then. Out of interest which size crates did you settle on and who did you get them from. Thank you so much.
No worries - it’s a great bit of kit.

I looked at loads and loads of sites and the best I found was Solent Plastics. The actual boxes are made by Auer and they’re really good.

Good selection of colours and sizes.
I have attached the order with the details.
They’re really helpful on the phone too.
81F047F1-C774-408A-940D-633A65ADFF21.jpeg

I bagged the one on ebay .The odd gap that's mentioned on the right hand side allows the 12v socket to still be used. For fridge etc. I use it for my WiFi dongle so I liked the gap and the full width.

IMG_20200602_190934.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks HowieDog. This is really helpful. Like Billylou, I have a drawer on order and Solent plastics crate look perfect. Can I check that your Ocean shelf is in the high position with the 4.5cm clearance? Cheers

Ue
Thanks HowieDog. This is really helpful. Like Billylou, I have a drawer on order and Solent plastics crate look perfect. Can I check that your Ocean shelf is in the high position with the 4.5cm clearance? Cheers
Yes in the high position, it gives you so much more space. I have the thinner pad on the multiflex now.

Thanks HowieDog. My drawer has arrived, but without fitting instructions. Does anybody have a photo of them? Thanks.

Sorted. Calicap sent me the PDF this morning which was even better as I could translate to English easily

Sorted. Calicap sent me the PDF this morning which was even better as I could translate to English easily
Any chance you could send me a copy?
Will PM you.
Thanks in advance.

Of course. To translate, I used google translate and attached this file. Not a neat result with the pictures, but looking between the 2 versions worked fine. Very simple fitting tbh.

Attachments

• Zusammenbau und Montageanleitung Calidrawer Jalopy Hatch Stand mrz2020.kl.pdf
    478.7 KB · Views: 54
This is the 810mm drawer and the picture below shows the position of the seat and access to the left hand cupboard.

We are awaiting delivery of our Cali, so I don’t understand the significance of this. Is it that with the drawer fitted, it is not possible to get the seat to slide back as far as it would go otherwise? Thanks for humouring me!

We are awaiting delivery of our Cali, so I don’t understand the significance of this. Is it that with the drawer fitted, it is not possible to get the seat to slide back as far as it would go otherwise? Thanks for humouring me!
Correct. The seat is about 2 or 3 cm further forward than it would otherwise be. For us the extra full capacity of the larger pull out drawer was more useful than a few cm in the cabin area.

Correct. The seat is about 2 or 3 cm further forward than it would otherwise be. For us the extra full capacity of the larger pull out drawer was more useful than a few cm in the cabin area.

Great, thank you.

You've probably noticed that on the Calicap website there are two shorter sizes available. It all depends on your priorities for use of space

No worries - it’s a great bit of kit.

I looked at loads and loads of sites and the best I found was Solent Plastics. The actual boxes are made by Auer and they’re really good.

Good selection of colours and sizes.
I have attached the order with the details.
They’re really helpful on the phone too.
View attachment 59804
Great info @HowieDog . Thx.
Should be taking delivery of my tray in next few days. Your experience and information will help me enormously. I do like the coloured boxes rather than have all grey or blue etc.
I bought the "Hatch" version so will be doing my own version of Tetris soon!

Great info @HowieDog . Thx.
Should be taking delivery of my tray in next few days. Your experience and information will help me enormously. I do like the coloured boxes rather than have all grey or blue etc.
I bought the "Hatch" version so will be doing my own version of Tetris soon!
Yes I like the colours too. I’m not organised enough to keep certain items in certain colour boxes but that’s the idea! And they look a bit more fun too.

Great, thank you.
If I've understood the Calicap website correctly, you need to take into account that in the Ocean 6.1, due to the "Lounge" function of the bench, the default rear position of the bench seat is 4-5 cm further back than in the T5/T5.1/T6.

If I've understood the Calicap website correctly, you need to take into account that in the Ocean 6.1, due to the "Lounge" function of the bench, the default rear position of the bench seat is 4-5 cm further back than in the T5/T5.1/T6.

Thanks for spotting that!

Downloading the Sketchup-model seems to be working just fine. But perhaps you're not familiair with unzipping a zipped file? Or you do not have the sketchup software? I believe you can download a trial version for free.

I wouldn't mind e-mailing you a photo of the drawings but I'm not sure that'll do you much good. The photo will just show you a view of the model without measurements, see below.Drawer_model.jpg

Of course. To translate, I used google translate and attached this file. Not a neat result with the pictures, but looking between the 2 versions worked fine. Very simple fitting tbh.
Thanks. Sorry for my late response. Bad manners, Sorry again.

Downloading the Sketchup-model seems to be working just fine. But perhaps you're not familiair with unzipping a zipped file? Or you do not have the sketchup software? I believe you can download a trial version for free.

I wouldn't mind e-mailing you a photo of the drawings but I'm not sure that'll do you much good. The photo will just show you a view of the model without measurements, see below.View attachment 63172
All sorted, just needed to update my SketchUp software, cheers!

Back