Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting front splitter

E

Elrao

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Has anyone DIY fitted either the ABT or LV front splitter?

Thinking of ordering a painted splitter from LV, just not sure if it's a DIY fit or not?

Reactions: Abx
I think @Abx fitted his ABT splitter

Have you checked your insurance as they may add a charge for the replacement risk costs.

Yes I have, the ABT is extremely tricky to fit as has so many contours and is solely bonded on, but with a bit of patience you can get it done, so pleased with mine.

As for insurance, as with any modification it will need to be declared.

Some pics to convince you.

59B00415-10F0-4DDA-ADA4-C7E4DC59CEA6.jpeg

B0C05C79-61EC-41AC-8618-371F21B2B93F.jpeg

605C0DD8-600C-4E62-86C5-F834DC68AFDB.jpeg

EAA1C346-CFD5-492D-96C6-21C8320C4526.jpeg

This seems cheaper source than some others

Yes I have, the ABT is extremely tricky to fit as has so many contours and is solely bonded on, but with a bit of patience you can get it done, so pleased with mine.

View attachment 87024

View attachment 87025

View attachment 87026

View attachment 87027
Looks good, that is the "splitter", not the "spoiler and splitter"? As have seen one which comes up around the lower grills. That does look nice, more subtle than the "other" one, and more what I was looking for.

Or possibly what I saw before had a different front bumper on, as well as the ABT splitter.

ABT_VW_T6.1_grau_ABT_tuning_Front_2.JPG

Thanks, yes I thought the C pieces that fit around the lower grille were a bit much on a Cali. The C pieces and splitter are both made by ABT and are separate parts, a 3 piece kit.

The one I have is the ABT lower splitter and is the genuine approved VW accessory. The C pieces cannot be purchased on their own and VW do not supply, they along with the lower splitter are part of the ABT kit that a few places sell, Richter Automotive being the official UK distributer.

View attachment 87024

View attachment 87025

View attachment 87026

View attachment 87027
Hi, love the look of the van. I have an ascot grey ocean on order and thinking of having the Abt spitter fitted by dealer. Did they provide the gloss black inserts and grill also? I know Lv do these and the side bars like yours.

Many thanks
Richard

Thanks so much, yes really pleased with how it turned out.

If you get dealer to fit ask if they have done some in the past as a few have posted dealer fit ABT splitters on the T6 forum and had a real mess made of them, plus expect a bill of £1,800 or so.

I fitted the grilles myself and got them from Travelinlite, as the Cali has side scan at the time nowhere had the right grilles in stock with the extra holes, so if you order check that.

Side bars are from LV.

My Cali will appear in VWBUS magazine soon so there will be some better pics if you have not decided by then.

Good luck with the new ocean, I very nearly went for AG myself.

Cheers
Arron

If you get dealer to fit ask if they have done some in the past as a few have posted dealer fit ABT splitters on the T6 forum and had a real mess made of them, plus expect a bill of £1,800 or so.

I fitted the grilles myself and got them from Travelinlite, as the Cali has side scan at the time nowhere had the right grilles in stock with the extra holes, so if you order check that.

Side bars are from LV.

My Cali will appear in VWBUS magazine soon so there will be some better pics if you have not decided by then.

Cheers
Arron
Thanks Arron. Really appreciate your views/feedback. I’ll take on board your comments and let you know how it goes. Take care
Richard

Stunning looking Cali.

Side bars are from LV.

Cheers
Arron
Been catching up looking at platters for my new arrival, yours is fantastic, Will you let me know when you are in VWBUS please
just to clarify- you’ve just got the lower splitter, bonded onto the standard bumper from factory ? It looks just perfect & subtle. Where from too? Sorry to jump on this so late
cheers. Andy

Been catching up looking at platters for my new arrival, yours is fantastic, Will you let me know when you are in VWBUS please
just to clarify- you’ve just got the lower splitter, bonded onto the standard bumper from factory ? It looks just perfect & subtle. Where from too? Sorry to jump on this so late
cheers. Andy
Hi

My Cali was featured in VWBUS back in May, so probably the June edition from memory, couple of pics below.

Thanks for your comments, yes very happy, and yes the front bumper is completely standard just with the addition of the VW/ABT lower splitter, which my friend painted and I fitted myself (with help from my wife).

Got it from the VW parts department, not cheap but great quality.

Any other questions just ask.

Thanks
Arron

Hey @Abx Is your colour Ascot Grey ?

And @Lexlogie is yours Ascot Grey also ?

Hi

My Cali was featured in VWBUS back in May, so probably the June edition from memory, couple of pics below.

Thanks for your comments, yes very happy, and yes the front bumper is completely standard just with the addition of the VW/ABT lower splitter, which my friend painted and I fitted myself (with help from my wife).

Got it from the VW parts department, not cheap but great quality.

Any other questions just ask.

Thanks
Arron
Thanks for the prompt reply, said what I needed you too

Yes ascot gray wasn’t sure on colour at first but with bronze wheels and black accents , it sets it off well
Love the bronze wheels.
Think you need a rear spoiler to balance the front splitter?

Love the bronze wheels.
Think you need a rear spoiler to balance the front splitter?
I’ve just got my vw bike rack back from being anodised black and a rear spoiler won’t fit .
Chose to anodise as powder coated tend to chip off easily