Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting spare wheel lock

Tanya Gander

Tanya Gander

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Sorry if this has been done before, but the posts I looked at didn't help.
This is what we have, but can't see how to fit it.
We removed the existing right hand bolt, and loosened the left hand one. Red cover sits in place, but the key doesn't fit onto anything. Are we missing something?

Thanks

20170129_151044.jpg

We removed the existing right hand bolt, and loosened the left hand one. Red cover sits in place, but the key doesn't fit onto anything. Are we missing something?

Thanks

View attachment 18829

This should help:

Remove the black cap from the head of the bolt

Thanks, just a case of missing the obvious step of removing the black cap
Hope you all had a laugh now...

We leave the black plastic cover off now. BIg hassle getting it off when we needed the spare and as the bolt head is pointing downwards and shielded by the body of the sparesafe it's not really needed IMO.

What about 18"?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not without modification that's the reason if you had 18 inch wheels you got a can of tyreweld

Ok. Another reason for me why not to go with 18". Thanks
(Afterthought: those Tolucas mmmmm :)

I think it is possible to fit an 18 inch wheel but I believe you need a different carrier underneath

Thanks

View attachment 18829
Just got my Sparesafe. I can't figure out what the black nylon thing (left in OP's picture) is for. Its actually 2 pieces, a nut and a pin. I'm sure it will become obvious when somebody tells me!

The black cap pictured on the head of the bolt is now supplied as an aluminium cap. I understand its purpose but don't know how I would remove it roadside. Does everybody leave it off?

Just got my Sparesafe. I can't figure out what the black nylon thing (left in OP's picture) is for. Its actually 2 pieces, a nut and a pin. I'm sure it will become obvious when somebody tells me!

The black cap pictured on the head of the bolt is now supplied as an aluminium cap. I understand its purpose but don't know how I would remove it roadside. Does everybody leave it off?
Ah. Unless that plastic cap fits over the aluminium cap to aid its removal??