Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fitting the roofless topper

Trollhunter

Trollhunter

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Hi all,
Bought myself a roofless topper not so long ago and have recently used it for the first time. Had no problems installing it, but found that at the rear of the vehicle the 'under-lining' that Velcros under the lip of the raised roof did not hang nicely down to the top of the van (see pic). Has anyone else had this problem? Seems that it is a bit short? Around the rest of the sides and front it goes all the way down to the roof.
Anyone else had this problem?
Wondering if I need to make an extra insert of Velcro to make it hang lower.

Cheers,
Magnus

cali-topper.jpg

Hi all,
Bought myself a roofless topper not so long ago and have recently used it for the first time. Had no problems installing it, but found that at the rear of the vehicle the 'under-lining' that Velcros under the lip of the raised roof did not hang nicely down to the top of the van (see pic). Has anyone else had this problem? Seems that it is a bit short? Around the rest of the sides and front it goes all the way down to the roof.
Have you got the right topper: Beach topper for a Beach; Ocean or SE topper for an Ocean or SE?

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Early T5 - different roof opening height to newer T5?

Ah, that would explain it!
Not to worry, I think I will just make a small insert with Velcro to allow it to hang a little lower than it does now, it should still hang under the lip of the roof so doubt it will be a problem. As I said the rest of the topper fits snug so its just a minor detail :)

Mine is not tidy at back. Have a bungee on it to tie it to wiper spindle. This holds it down & away from van.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Mine is not tidy at back. Have a bungee on it to tie it to wiper spindle. This holds it down & away from van.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Nice idea. Thanks, think I will give that a go to start with :thumb

Ours is the same - maybe a little closer (I moved the Velcro to sit as close to the edge/rubberseal as possible). We got a warranty exchange caused by another issue, but the new one has a gap like yours. I am not certain, but as I recall the old one was more tidy …

IMG_6586.jpg

Ours is the same - maybe a little closer (I moved the Velcro to sit as close to the edge/rubberseal as possible). We got a warranty exchange caused by another issue, but the new one has a gap like yours. I am not certain, but as I recall the old one was more tidy …

View attachment 39810
Thanks, good to know it’s not just me then. Think I will try the bungee idea to hold it a little out if it’s raining, maybe stop it flapping about in the wind

Hi all,

Cheers,
Magnus

View attachment 39707

Ours does the same, never found it an issue.

Back