Fix support feet of awning

Eber123

Eber123

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 600
Good afternoon,

I just have a short question.

The first time I try to put up the awning. I thought I just move the security lock up. But this does not work.

I was wondering if it is broken or have I overseen something?

Thank you for your help.

Eberhard

If you are locking the legs on the awnings, you have to push the lock levers up firmly against the resistance to get them to lock.

Seems that you will snap the lever off at first, but actually works well.

Alan

Many years ago I asked the same question - the lever is very firm to open as stated by Alan.

Thank you for the information .

I tried again, used a we bit of more force, but no luck.

I have a track record to break things trying something out, or through cleaning. So, not to get into trouble I will go to the dealer
next Saturday. If he snaps off the lock then he is in trouble and not me.

Good that we are not in s hurry to get this sorted.

Eberhard

PS
VW should find a butterfly to secure the stands.

Could be wrong but was it not changed and pushing the lever down locks the leg on the recent awnings? If not sorry must been dreaming....
Eigther way that plastic lever is very hard to lock on some , you think you might break it but in the end it locks .

Thank you for all the feedback .

I will follow up next Saturday when I am back from VW dealer.

Eberhard

Hello,

I gave up yesterday (it started to rain anyway) and arranged to go over to my VW dealer next Saturday. While I am there I have to get something else sorted....

Eberhard

Thinking about this.

Thank you for all getting back to me so quickly. While I was out there on the driveway checking out a few things when I run into my problem, my "call for help" was replied to within minutes.

That is really super - thank you.

Hello,

Just a short update about the locks of the awning legs.

I went to VW yesterday. The locks were so stiff that nobody was able to move them. We checked locks on a different California which worked as expected.

We agreed to change the legs. I hope this does not take to long.

Eberhard

Thanks for the update Erber.

One of mine is tougher than the other and I'm not sure it's 'just stiff' myself. I haven't given it too much thought what with ther weather an' all but will check it this week.