Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Fixing the trim above the blind on the sliding door

GraemeSmith

GraemeSmith

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Has anyone got a ninja technique for refitting the trim that goes above the outside of the blind in the sliding door opening? Ours has sagged down (see pic). Seems like it slots into an aluminium rail at the back and then wedges into the rubber strip to the front. However trying to fit it has like been playing whackamole! I get it right in one part and then it pops out somewhere further along.

I‘ve tried fitting the trim into the rubber seal first and then clicking it into the aluminium rail. And I’ve also tried clipping into the rail first and then trying to feed it into the rubber trim. Both methods seem pop out the trim as I work further along.

I know that this area around the blind is a sensitive one, so before I do any damage, I thought I‘d asked whether anyone else has found a successful method?

94602DD3-66E8-4125-A4B7-36E4FB812EBB.jpeg

Just noticed this with no answer. You may now have resolved. I think you have to get the back edge into the aluminium slot 1st then work along peeling back the rubber to get it over the top of the plastic. Mine was held in the aluminium slot with some black double sided foam sticky tape.

Just noticed this with no answer. You may now have resolved. I think you have to get the back edge into the aluminium slot 1st then work along peeling back the rubber to get it over the top of the plastic. Mine was held in the aluminium slot with some black double sided foam sticky tape.
Thanks Louis. Yes, I've tried that approach but it's just not staying in place. I can see that there is also some black foam on the aluminium of the trim. I'm not sure whether this is actually helping or hindering though!

Sounds like the answer to my problem is perseverance rather than ninja skills then :)

Mine did that and i managed to get a small screwdriver and gently drawer it along forcing the rubber over the trim. After two months its still in place. Not sure why it fell out in the forst place. As u say looks like some double sided foam tape held in at factory so maybe this failed. Good luck

I think the foam should be sticky, if not might be worth trying to remove and replace it with something that is.

Has anyone got a ninja technique for refitting the trim that goes above the outside of the blind in the sliding door opening? Ours has sagged down (see pic). Seems like it slots into an aluminium rail at the back and then wedges into the rubber strip to the front. However trying to fit it has like been playing whackamole! I get it right in one part and then it pops out somewhere further along.

I‘ve tried fitting the trim into the rubber seal first and then clicking it into the aluminium rail. And I’ve also tried clipping into the rail first and then trying to feed it into the rubber trim. Both methods seem pop out the trim as I work further along.

I know that this area around the blind is a sensitive one, so before I do any damage, I thought I‘d asked whether anyone else has found a successful method?

View attachment 62728
Same issue with ours. Just had to brute force push up the inside edge of the plastic trim (which clicked into place), then using an old credit card to ease the black rubber back over the plastic, pushing the outer edge of the trim upwards. It is back in place for now. Remains to be seen if it lasts, given that I haven’t replaced the black double sided tape.